Difference between spirited driving and street racing

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Just saying about the driveway thing. I've don't it a million times. There's two houses at the end of the long straight after a rolling turn. They've come out and I've always had tons and tons of time to slow down, and I don't tailgate. But this guy saw me coming for some 3 seconds or more, then decided to pull out anyways. It was my first impression that he did it completely on purpose.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
^^ and I agree ... o_O ... Anytime your speeding, excessive swerving, etc your being wreckless whether its 15 over or 30mph over

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Just simply driving on an open road 15mph over the speed limit is reckless? :eh:

It is certainly a traffic violation.... but can't agree with it being reckless. Not until you throw in a bunch of other variables that could then possibly make it reckless. Things that have already been covered in this thread.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
IDK if its because maybe I have a different image of street racing but the people I know to street race don't just get on a highway and drive fast till one of them decides they have had enough. THATS NOT A RACE. Everytime I go to a race we meet up in a neutral location and wait for the racers to look over their cars and wait for any spectors (not just random ppl ether) Right before the race takes place someone goes and drives around in the area where the race will take place to make sure there isn't anything on the road or cops hiding in the bushes lol ... Then we all head out everyone moves to the sides the races line up the cars and run ... immediately after the race everyone goes back to the nuetral area for a few mins and then we scatter. If theres someone else that wants to run then we scatter for an hour or so and repeat the same thing. The areas where they race aren't place where cars tend to go to ethier ... They are usually truck routes and done around 1 am. We have a few locations in my area where they take place the most used one is in a area where theres a lot of warehouses and during those hours factorys are closed = 0 cars on the road.

Races on highways aren't races to me. They are pointless and wreckless. And although I do it I still don't think spirited driving is okay. wheather the conditions are good or not wheather u checked ur car or not. Just because you have control of the situation doesn't mean someone else does. What if the accident isn't ur fault. The difference from going 80 when u should have been going 45 could kill someone instead of just cause a broken fender and bumper.

Thats all I'll say for now

when i read tht, all i can think of is fast and the furious :ohyou:

so... can u tell me where these races take place..? i'm interested in joining... :)

spirited driving is just driving the car a lil faster... a lil more acceleration, and a lil over the speed limit... u're not going against anyone.... but from what i've read, i never knew 6ga was full of street ricers...

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
... I'm a ricer now?

You're interested?:ohsnap: ... you made a funny how cool is that lolz.

I never said it was against anyone or with anyone. I actually even stated if you are going against someone then that would make it a race o_O

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yeah, i'll be tagging along with some guys driving in crown victorias :)

as for the "going up against someone", tht was just a general statement.. it wasn't directed toward u...

RallyMachine

Reaction score
I'm definitely against extreme reckless operation but at least in Ohio a driver gets the same amount of points on their license for street racing as DUI. And from what I've heard, the law defines street racing as any two cars trying to keep up with each other on a public road. I think such subjective definitions and intense penalties are ludicrous and that the punishment should be tailored to the crime. Just my $.02.

As far as the difference, spirited driving is definitely only by yourself whereas street racing is against someone else.

SABStable

Reaction score
Call me a weenie (I'm also only 17) but since I normally have passengers in the car, I drive as safe and as inconspicuous as possible because I don't want to get noticed by the police, lol. But where I live theres an extremely large straightaway that I may or may not go 5-10mph over on when I'm alone, depending on traffic. I guess thats the closest I can get to spirited driving. But that's just me.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
spirited driving = (1 vehicle involve) you will get a speeding ticket sooner or later

street racing = (2 or more vehicles involve) you will kill yourself or other/s sooner or later

that's the way I see it...

edit:

ps. in georgia main 3 hwys, there are only 2 options u have:

1. drive right on the speed limit and get ram from behind by other drivers or a victim of road rage

or

2. drive as fast as everyone and wait for your luck to get pulled over by the cops

Last edited:
Back