Difference between spirited driving and street racing

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
^^^ lmao WTH thats worse then north jersey lmao ... Well now that I think of it eventually you might just get pulled over by a pissed off cop

But seriously north jersey and NYC are notorious for having drivers with road rage. Its ether move it or get moved ... (NYC cabbies will literially bump you if you don't move quickly)

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
^ that is the main reason y i don't live up north!!! hahhahah...

i need my freedom of big roads!!! hahahah

we got 7 lanes in some part of the hwy!!! thats is super nice!!! :rock:

CG2

Reaction score
Do not street race. It's too dangerous, especially for someone with no HPDE/Autox experience.

*edited as per request.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Do not street race. It's too dangerous, especially for someone with no HPDE/Autox experience.

It has nothing to do with HPDE/Autox experience, are you kidding me? :eh: It has nothing to do with ANY racing experience.... there's no excuse. It's always dangerous. Period.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7SAC4LxHgI

Chris specifically asked for this discussion NOT to involve specific people or, more specifically, members of our community...

CG2

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with HPDE/Autox experience, are you kidding me? :eh: It has nothing to do with ANY racing experience.... there's no excuse. It's always dangerous. Period.
Who's making an excuse to street race if you have autox/hpde experience? I merely stated that it is especially dangerous if you do not know how your car behaves at the limit. Someone who has hundreds of hours of racing experience would by far be a safer driver than someone who hasn't, but that still gives him no right to disboey laws and put people in danger... but it does give him an edge if a situation (tail comes out) arises in normal driving.

*edited previous post as per request.

This can happen during spirited driving too. I want to bring an event from outside this community. A classic example of snap oversteer in a RWD car.

I was on my way to lunch with a coworker. There's a right turn I've taken a million times over the past 4 years that's very wide and has huge visibility, and I would sometimes get on the gas a little in my B16-swapped CRX through the turn. I never went over the speed limit, and I only did it if there was absolutely no one else around. Being a FWD, the front tires would break free a little and it would make the turn a bit more fun. Well, before leaving work I decided it would be a good idea to turn off the traction control and try something similar in the FR-S. That was my first mistake. I entered the turn at about 20mph, and halfway through it I got on the gas and I honestly can't remember exactly what happened after that. I remember being extremely surprised and then all of a sudden I was careening for a telephone pole, and then bam. I don't even think I hit the brakes. I must've hit the clutch pedal at some point because the car was still running when I stopped. Both airbags deployed. My passenger said he didn't even touch the airbag, I grazed it a little bit and it felt like I got hit in the face with a soft pillow. I must've been going 15-20mph at the impact. I couldn't believe how much the car just crumpled. I just looked at it and sat on the ground. I can't even describe to you the feeling of seeing it like that. I just wanted to cry.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8590&stc=1&d=1339807882

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^ your original post still has a picture and link to a video that was basically asked to not be mentioned in this thread...

Edit: Thank you...now fast just edit your quote and we'll be good

Last edited:

JP03SVT

Reaction score
I think its very different but the same in a way, I know that's an oxymoron but let me explain.

Spirited driving is a bs excuse for driving fast? What's the difference between someone driving over the speedlimit in a spirited manner or someone driving over the speedlimit with someone else. Yes, I agree with Ryan S in that there is some psychological effects when racing, mostly adrenaline and lots of testosterone. It's the human nature to compete, and when one competes, they compete to win. Granted there are many videos on this site where street racing is involved, and most of you specifically redryder commented on being curious like how reese8789 beat a mustang gt. But where *the nameless person* he came down on him hard. More or less, I feel like that was a personal issue. On MOST other forums they have a kill section where people talk about their races. Like on the forums I'm usually on, the mustang/svt forums. Even on v6p they didn't agree with the way that was handled and they think even less of this forum then they already did. The person who I think were talking about, he was a Dick and i read all up about him. He's the one who made me join this site after I saw the article on jalopik. I believe that street racing where well organized is fine, but on streets with people is just plain wrong.

JP03SVT

Reaction score
And another reason why street racers get a bad name, I saw this this morning. Apparently at a Dave and busters meet some street racers flipped a civic over, beat it, then set it on fire.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

JP03SVT

Reaction score
Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zM3eRH3uIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Back