DIY: 4-lug V6 Size Brakes with SS Lines (LOTS of pics!)

slaiguy

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up currant. it sounded too good to be true. now i jus gotta be on the look out for good, and not too expensive rotors. any suggestions are more than welcome...

slaiguy

Reaction score
i was leaning to brembo blanks but i dunno how it may work out with hawk ceramics/ look w/ rota subzero's. but its still my number one choice so far..

ActNow

Reaction score
Since mods are the only one's that can edit other members threads rather than the respective owner of the thread, I was wondering if it would be possible to fix the photos on the first post? Its showing a handfull of :redxdance:.
I am going to be doing this DIY, I would really like to see the other photo's. Thanks to any mods who can help.

This is a well deserved :bump: for a good thread and for anyone needing to do their brakes.

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
Its not all the photo's just some, great i guess its my internet:mad:, thanks anyways

is their any computer tricks i can do to make the photo's show up? I've already tried right click/show picture. I don't mean to go off thread topic. just wish to see these photos, as they are necessarry for the final assembley.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Reaction score
The photos aren't that important. There is no modification or any special things that need to be done to do this conversion.

You need to change the caliper BRACKET because the caliper doesn't fit the factory brackets. Installation is reverse of dis-assembly... and everything BOLTS up no problem.

I am actually doing this tomorrow, I will post pictures if you really want them.

mnorton

Reaction score
93-96 Prelude VTEC rotors - 25$ ea at carquest
93-96 Prelude VTEC EBC greenstuff pads - 20$ set pepboys
91-95 Acura Legend calipers & brackets - 50$ junkyard

the only thing about the legend calipers is that u have to switch the left and right caliper so the bleeder valve is on the top instead of the bottom. if sum people are still looking for these type of calipers, search for 93-96 Prelude VTEC, 98-02 Accord v6, 96-97 JDM Integra Type R, 91-95 Acura Legend. the Legend calipers were the cheapest followed by the Prelude VTEC. as for the ITR's, all JDM 96-97 were 4x114 w/ 11" rotors. i would use the Prelude Vtec rotors only because they are 98% identical to the 6th 10" 4cyl rotor. the only two differences are the extra 1" and the rotor screws dont line up, which did not bother me a bit. also, this oem brake upgrade can still utilize 15" rims which is good if ur on a budget
Hello Euroking99,

Do you know anything about the 91-97 Honda Accord Wagon rotors vs. the 93-96 Prelude VTEC rotors? On paper they seem to almost the same except the Accord Wagon rotors are a bit thicker.

Has anyone used the the Wagon rotors for this swap?

The only reason I ask is that in Canada, Canadian Tire carries ATE rotors (which I've had success with) which make a replacement for the Accord Wagon but not for the VTEC Prelude.

Thanks,
Matt
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Update - I was able to determine that the Accord Wagon rotors have an overall height of 34.5mm vs. the Prelude VTEC rotors with an overall height of 47mm - which is the same as the stock 10 inch rotors on our cars. As you said earlier, they are basically identical!

Worth a try - thanks again for your post.
Matt

Last edited:
Back