DIY: 4-lug V6 Size Brakes with SS Lines (LOTS of pics!)

Fuzz

Reaction score
Wagon Rotors can not be used, as they are a different style (hub over disc) rather than 98+ Accords, Preludes, Civics, ITRs that are Disc over Hub.

You dont need to spend a lot of money on rotors. Walking into any parts store you can buy AC Delco Rotors, or perhaps if they have a good supplier - brembo, zimmerman or mountain rotors.

The cheap 20 dollar china rotors are a thing of the past. I don't like spending a lot of money on rotors because I go through a set about once a year, but a quality rotor will last you longer than a cheap china one, for about double the price (40$ vs 20$).

Just FYI, for everyone... The ITR Caliper (if you buy a rebuilt caliper) is made to fit...

97 - 01 ITR
91 - 97 Accord Wagon
95 - 97 Accord 4DR V6
97 - 01 CR-V
95 - 97 Odyssey
1998 Odyssey 4 Cyl
93 - 96 Prelude V-TEC
97 - 01 Prelude
98 - 99 ISUZU Oasis (4 cyl, F23 model)

mnorton

Reaction score
Hello Fuzz,

Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I did some more reading this morning and discovered the same thing. I appreciate the additional caliper info. That helps me as well.

Matt

cg3 accord

Reaction score
just for the recorded ITR stands for Integra type R?

i need to redo the rear brakes on my cg but i was wondering if it's even worth doing this upgrade? the price compared to the stock rotors is about the same depending on the parts i use (oem or aftermarket).

where can i find these parts cheap? nolimitmotorsports.com is pretty reasonable.

thanx guys

Last edited:

AKlass

Reaction score
so basically this is front and rears? and is the ITR caliper is the same as the legend Gs?

finch13

Reaction score
No, the ITR claliper is just a slightly larger single piston. The Legend GS is two piston caliper, same size as the I4 Accord caliper.

Sent from my Nexus One

AKlass

Reaction score
No, the ITR claliper is just a slightly larger single piston. The Legend GS is two piston caliper, same size as the I4 Accord caliper.

Sent from my Nexus One

so you can't use the GS for this mod then? because people have put the Gs on their V6. also.. what about the rear disc?

Last edited:

mnorton

Reaction score
4-lug V6 Size Brakes with a rotational clunking sound

Thank you for this DIY. I completed this today (Brembo blanks, V6 calipers, Hawk Performance HB143F.680 H, stock lines) and everything went together exactly as described (all bolts tightened to proper torque specifications). I bedded the pads as per the manufacturer's instructions and the difference is amazing.

However I now have a light clunking noise from one of the calipers. The Hawk pads went in very easily - almost too easily on the side that I think the clunking is coming from. It almost seemed that they were say 1mm "shorter" than the stock pads that were in there - a little loose.

I've been reading about clunking noises from Hawk Pads because they fit loose however my clunking noise happens every time the wheel rotates and does so at low speeds and high speeds, engine engaged and disengaged (brakes applied of course).

I must add that I DID NOT apply the anti-squeak grease that came with the pads as per the instructions in this DIY.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Back