DIY: "Black chrome" and carbon fiber front emblem

HomerJay

Reaction score
It's been a few months and this is what the "black chrome" emblem looks like now:
20080510-01.jpg

Not exactly the look I was looking for!! I bought another set of emblems, and tried painting with wheel paint. The first paint job didn't go too well and I needed to sand down again.

Finally I gave up on painting altogether and decided to make my own emblems. I bought yet another set of Honda emblems and molded my own black emblems:
20080510-38.jpg

20080510-39.jpg

20080510-40.jpg

DIY: Molding your own emblems

Last edited:

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
yo... I painted my emble red... using the engine paint thing... it's suppose to be for metal... and it looks horible... it looks dotty and rough... not happy...

DaSmittyman

Reaction score
well when i actually get my baby cleaned up ill show you what i got i have the gold color car and i painted the entire grill area black.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
So glad to have found this thread. The carbonfiber/paint is a great combo. I went to debadge my car today and redo the pinstripes. Have to keep both unfortunately due to paint discoloration. I think I can lose the "EX" emblem, but I need to put the ACCORD back on.

Question... I wanted "black chrome" look and liked the tint spray idea but was scared of chipping and see now that others ran into it. I'll probably go with the gunmetal paint.. should look nice against my red car.

Any ideas on a spray etcher/primer or something to treat the emblems with first to ensure proper paint adhesion? I don't mind sanding them, but am thinking a spray etcher of some sort that won't damage the plastic might work nice.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
since my car is silver... ish lol i painted my front badge background silver w duplicolor from autozone, then painted the H logo black w plastic paint (dont remember brand or anything, it was laying around in my parents garage). ill post a pic of it soon...

Ryan

Reaction score
Do you have any left over cf wrap? possibly precut? I can paypal asap.

Back