DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

leo

Reaction score
Hey guys, is there a way of doing something similar to this but to the rear shocks. I did in the front but now i need a bit more drop in the back.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
There is no need for that. There is also no way to do it, since the strut bolts right to the lower control arm, and doesn't sit on a perch in the fork like it does in the front.

leo

Reaction score
There is no need for that. There is also no way to do it, since the strut bolts right to the lower control arm, and doesn't sit on a perch in the fork like it does in the front.

Thanks, I just wanted the back just bit lower for it to be perfect, but I still like a lot the way it is now:D

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Nice DIY mod very creative. Now all I need to do is get 00accord4cyl to help me with this since he is from knoxville ha, probrably not. I am getting to that point where I am about over the boat look. I have less than an inch clearance in the back, but the front is about 2 inches...:huh:

6thGenProject

Reaction score
Ok guys sorry its been like 2 months or more since i said i was gunna post pics...well i got one i was flipping through on my mem card and decided to throw it up on here.... this is after i did the boat look remedy in the front! and keep in mind that i have brand new tires on...( i mean less then 40 miles) and i have a pretty heavy system in the back with a raised wood floor and crap like that! again my appologies for the delay
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

whitegourd

Reaction score
Just received my kyb adjustables ... and looking to modify the shock tabs. But just to be sure, am I to just leave one portion of the tab (approx 1/4") and pry off the rest below it w/ a flathead screwdriver? I have a dremel tool w/ a cutting bit. Hopefully I won't cut past the tab and into the shock.

Back