DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I forgot about this thread.

IMG_8412.jpg

the thing with the yellow 'I' on it. Hit it with a hammer. It will fall off.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I forgot about this thread.

the thing with the yellow 'I' on it. Hit it with a hammer. It will fall off.

Yeah, that's what i did as well, more or less. I have aftermarket shocks so i cut most of the tab off. They only problem is that the shocks cost more than the forks but i trust it more.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ghetto! Just cut a 1/2 a ring on the spring! Call it a day!!!

Haha I hope you do that and fail epically. :tgf: You completely contradicted yourself by calling it ghetto, because cutting a spring is the most ghetto thing I have heard of really.. :coffee:.

Last edited:

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i still have to say i dont believe in the whole boat look thing... i can obv see it but the rear wheel well is longer and deeper than the front so there is gonna be boat no matter what... even if u have ppl in ur back seat so i just got used to it...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
i still have to say i dont believe in the whole boat look thing... i can obv see it but the rear wheel well is longer and deeper than the front so there is gonna be boat no matter what... even if u have ppl in ur back seat so i just got used to it...

That's how i used to feel. I mean, i don't think it's the worst looking thing in the world. But cutting my shock tabs was super easy and did the job. It still has the "stop" and is as strong as it was before. I guess it's kind of half assed but i love my prokits and didn't want to switch to another spring and don't see how this would have negative effects. People have been doing it the way i did it for years.

leo

Reaction score
Well guys after reading this thread for a while I got the time to do it to my car. After putting my springs (H&R Sports) I wanted a bit more drop in the front. It was easy and pretty fast. I took the tabs in the shocks out (stock ones) and did some grinding in the shocks and forks. I used a regular drill and a metal grinding bit. Here is a pic of when I finished.

DSC03905-1.jpg

DSC03908.jpg

Back