DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

6thGenProject

Reaction score
ok well notched both sides!!! got it fininished finally and she is about 1/8 or so lower then before ....have less then 1 in before i scrape when i leave the driveway....i will post pics hopefully tonight, im starving, n should have all my progress up on here in like 1.5 hrs thanks for all the support

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I still think the fork modification is silly. The brake collar is removable (give it a tap with a hammer and it falls off) and thus reversible. It is faster, easier, does not require a dremel, and does not involve removing material from a structural member.

My car, after removing the brake line bracket collar, with H&R race springs:
0406081224a.jpg

I did the modification at the same time as the springs, so no before pictures.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I still think the fork modification is silly. The brake collar is removable (give it a tap with a hammer and it falls off) and thus reversible. It is faster, easier, does not require a dremel, and does not involve removing material from a structural member.

My car, after removing the brake line bracket collar, with H&R race springs:
0406081224a.jpg

I did the modification at the same time as the springs, so no before pictures.

Are you talking about the tab that keeps the shock from being pushed down further into the fork?

6thGenProject

Reaction score
ok well i have loaded pics on my computer....cant figure out how to get them on here in the best quality! so im going to bed for tonight it was a difficult battle but i succeded...(for those that have done this...has it made the car ride smoother? seems like it wouldnt because its metal to metal bumpstops...but for me it seems to be smoother.....and it really does not lower the car all that much....my pictures i will upload are not that distinctive between the two, but i also just let the jack down and took the picture, and maybe after i drove it the suspension sat back down in place? seems lower when both sides are done....all in all i suggest this to everyone who has alot of patients and a whole day....with help from a dedicated HEAVY friend...lol, now be weary of the 14 mm bolt for me it was a problem for others a breeze just be CAUTIOUS and dont rush!

nixed007

Reaction score
I would rank this as the best mod for the money!!! I will be doing this as soon as i get my accord back from the body shop!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Are you talking about the tab that keeps the shock from being pushed down further into the fork?

Yeah, there is a large bead or ring that holds the brake line bracket in place, that will then rest directly against the fork.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a large bead or ring that holds the brake line bracket in place, that will then rest directly against the fork.

I can't imagine what you're speaking of. Do you have any pics? Perhaps your struts are different from the sets that I've had?

6thGenProject

Reaction score
ok guys sorry been out of internet for like 2 weeks...just got back online will try and get pics up tomorrow!!!! really sucks i cracked my front bumper this evening trying to pull in the car wash and the owner is like its all your fault and i said that there is a max height but no min to the ground!!! or even a use at your own risk.... i will have to do the repair my self and then get thr front bumper painted....this really sucks...paid 7 bucks for the wash and never got it and then have to pay for the damages IM IN A PLEASENT MOOD!!!!

TheHunter

Reaction score
ok guys sorry been out of internet for like 2 weeks...just got back online will try and get pics up tomorrow!!!! really sucks i cracked my front bumper this evening trying to pull in the car wash and the owner is like its all your fault and i said that there is a max height but no min to the ground!!! or even a use at your own risk.... i will have to do the repair my self and then get thr front bumper painted....this really sucks...paid 7 bucks for the wash and never got it and then have to pay for the damages IM IN A PLEASENT MOOD!!!!

What does this have to do with the "boat look" remedy... lol Either way that sucks balls dude! That's why you should wash it by hand.... plus its better for your paint.

Back