DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

Namboyz

Reaction score
great idea but seems tooooooo cheap and tacky. but great thought though using what we would already have available=)

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
How's this?

4255366280_f3f03a1758_b.jpg

K&N Filter: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-3130
Spectre Coupler (3" to 4"): http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.9761
Stock tubing from there on out!

yoseppi

Reaction score
These are all great, but for the sheer effort, minimal as it is, you can buy a nice generic cold air intake on eBay for like $12

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
Should work great! I bet it's considerably louder than stock!

That it is. And there's no whine! It's a nice, throaty sound.

These are all great, but for the sheer effort, minimal as it is, you can buy a nice generic cold air intake on eBay for like $12

I'm friends with an engineering student/genius and we were discussing all of the unnecessary bends involved in those aftermarket intakes and how, for the cost, none of them were engineered to be anything special. Therefore, I left myself in a position were going back to stock is a snap and now I have a million mile warranted filter! That and a removed resonator/new sound.

Really, I'm just bored.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
a k&n cone filter is $40, ebay intake is only $30.

i'll buy a good filter later, and then i'll be one step better than the stock airtube + cone filter, due to the smooth, large diameter tubing.

yah but that crappy egay intake is most likely going to heat up faster than ur OEM rubber pipe. just go buy a spectre filter form auto zone and youll be straight. plus itll look better than that black box

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
yah but that crappy egay intake is most likely going to heat up faster than ur OEM rubber pipe. just go buy a spectre filter form auto zone and youll be straight. plus itll look better than that black box

so your telling me for $60-$70 i can gain mpg's??? via Spectre SRI and K&N cone air filter???

what about a Tornado inside the box or inside the SRI???

http://www.tornadoair.com/buy1/index.html

Last edited:

7ender

Reaction score
bump from the deaddd

Anyways, iv'e been running this mod for about a year now, but i'm thinking about getting a real intake (or maybe an ebay one...worried about carb sticker issue).

My question- for those who have first hand experience with "real" CAI's or SRI's; how does the sound compare? My friend has an accord coupe with an AEM cold air, and his car sounds way better than mine. Not sure if it's due to the intake or not though.

Opinions?

Back