DIY LED Door Sills

bigtp3

Reaction score
Ok i took some pics of how I did my door sills.

The door sills on both sides pop right off. They are only held by some tabs.
DSCN5560.jpg

On ebay the only sills they sell are for the sedan. So the sedans can skip this part, deez iz for COUPE'S ONLY. Since the sills doesn't fit flush, I slit into them as seen here.
DSCN5561.jpg

Then I drilled a hole and ran the wire from under the sill to under the stock sill.
DSCN5563.jpg

Then I ran the wire under some of the cars panels to the driver's side fuse box.
DSCN5562.jpg

You will do the same thing to the passenger side door sill, and run the wires behind the console again to the driver's side fuse box.
DSCN5564.jpg

Now comes the tricky but not so tricky part. First unhook car battery. Now how I wired them: i took the positive and negative wires of the sills, and wedged them into the plug where the positive and negative wires from the courtesy lights, from the driver's side door, end(I don't remember the color of them). I unplugged that tealish looking plug and undid the little tabs holding it closed. I then took out the positive and negative of the courtesy lights and wrapped the + and - of the sills around them, and then I put everything back together. If this makes no sense, I did all this by winging it and everything worked. :ownedrun:
DSCN5566.jpg

Finished Product:
IMG_0113.jpg

DSCN5559.jpg

If you have any questions post below.
Enjoy! :coffee:

The link to these sills on eBay: Clicky Here

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Very pimp, but it might look better if u chose a different color
im not really feeling thr turqouise/blue u got going on but then again it could be the pix

bigtp3

Reaction score
its the only color they had. maybe some transparent color paint could be used to change the color:hihi:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you can do that.. you can probably replace the LED's and choose your own color lmao.. :coffee:

EDIT: Sh*t! It's not the LED, it's the plastic making the turquoise color isn't it.. :ugh:

Back