DIY LED Door Sills

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I always hated those sills because the light color. I they do look nice besides the plastic. Maybe i'll buy them, paint the plastic and not hook the light up.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
have any pics of the backside of the actual "accord" area? im curious to see if that can be taken apart and "worked on". i'd like to change the color of them as well.

DaSmittyman

Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't take them apart, but even if you couldn't could you over lay the turquoise to either make it darker or change the color with a tint over lay?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I like the disclaimer.

"If this makes no sense, I did all this by winging it and everything worked."

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it's a simple sheet of plastic glued or screwed onto it. Shouldn't be hard to find a translucent piece of red or any color you need and replace it.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
true but im still curious to see if there's any access to the panel from the other side of the sill.

bigtp3

Reaction score
/bump

have any pics of the backside of the actual "accord" area? im curious to see if that can be taken apart and "worked on". i'd like to change the color of them as well.

I have no pictures of the back of the panels but the letters are simply a turqoise mold made of plastic.

I'm willing to bet it's a simple sheet of plastic glued or screwed onto it. Shouldn't be hard to find a translucent piece of red or any color you need and replace it.

Yup. Or just hand paint the letters with the color you'd like.

Most people that see the sills love em, and always ask 'where the heck did you get those?'

Oh btw, I didn't just plug in the + and - anywhere. I followed the courtesy lights from the driver door to the fuse box and wire them in with them. This is how i get them to turn on when the doors open and close. Maybe I shoulda made this clear lol.

Last edited:
Back