DIY: My Accord TSX Retro

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i tryed that on some Cadillac escalade headlight snatched from work and it completly melted and turned it white and stuff...haha
good thing about working in a body shop..ha

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i tryed that on some Cadillac escalade headlight snatched from work and it completly melted and turned it white and stuff...haha
good thing about working in a body shop..ha

then you did it for too long on one spot. you have to heat it up, not make it hot as the sun.

a heatgun is the better way in my opinion. its also ten times harder to screw up the headlight rather than the oven.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
few questions,How do you Re-seal the headlights? Do i scrape all the old glue off? because when i rested the lense over the housing i couldnt get them to go back how it was..*with the clips and stuff

also do you seal the back up around the projector? or just leave it open..Noticed the TSX headlights had those packets you find in shoe boxes tapped inside them i guess to absorb moister should i try to put those in mine-there 5times the size of the ones that comes with new shoes tho..ha

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You just re-heat the headlamps and push them back together. I'd recommend clamping them with spring clamps to hold them together while the sealant cools down. If you're missing some chunks of sealant you have 3 options; Silicone, Nissan Butyl Rubber & Honda Bond. As for the rear some people use silicone, some people use JB Weld and some people make custom rubber boots to cover it. I would try and find a spot within the headlamp to keep those silica gel packs, they will help prevent the lens from fogging and of course get rid of any moisture that may make it's way in. Most people just hot glue them down or double sided sticky tape.

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
bjorn from customlightz did my retro for me a few time. he seal the back of the projector and remove the old headlight glue.. then he apply new sealant . about that absorb pack u talkin bout i can get those at work about the same size as the tsx but a little smaller not the one u see in the shoe bo

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
trying to re-seal my headlights,Best bet is to put them back into the oven and scrape all the glue off-since im missing chunks..or just add my silicon i got in the places the glue is not?

also should i add the silicon 1st and put in oven or right after-hopfully the other glue wont cool down before..

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Add the silicone after. The problem with silicone is that you NEED to let it cure. So expect a day or more downtime after re-sealing. Also you need to be careful, some silicones have been known to cause hazing of the lamps due to the fumes.

Back