DIY Paint Job on the Cheap! *UPDATED 3/3*

eggs

Reaction score
Re: DIY Color Change Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap!

it doesnt look that bad.. but from the pics it looks like your not getting even coverage like you would with a gun and certain parts of the car are darker than other... idk if thats just the pics but the shades dont seem consistent

djmerkone

Reaction score

it doesnt look that bad.. but from the pics it looks like your not getting even coverage like you would with a gun and certain parts of the car are darker than other... idk if thats just the pics but the shades dont seem consistent

Only used 2 cans... shades were off cause i wasnt paying attention. It was for a test mainly though... Coverage is not complete... one misted coat and one full coat. Still needs 1.5 more coats. Im trying to go a bit darker though.
Oh, and there is also some primer on there too haha.

ManceboF

Reaction score

I agree. This is also a fun project for a project car. A car that you are putting together your self. Even if the paint messes up in a year so what? it was just $150. right now for a 6th gen accord like ours people are paying 2500-6000 depending on the mileage and year with most being closer to 2500 than 6000 so why would you spend 1,000+ on a paint job for a car that cost that much. Cant wait to see pics bro.

djmerkone

Reaction score

DELAYED...
I am currently debating on a color, other than gunmetal. I would rather go with a classy gold/champagne, sportyish red, or the glossy black that it was when it was stock.

Any votes are apreciated.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

IMO darker colors would be best for rattle can..gold,silver ect would show spots you didnt get as wet as others or misted at one time..if you know what im saying?

J30MAN

Reaction score

DELAYED...
I am currently debating on a color, other than gunmetal. I would rather go with a classy gold/champagne, sportyish red, or the glossy black that it was when it was stock.

Any votes are apreciated.

sporty red would be cool considering you have the OEM spoiler.

djmerkone

Reaction score

^ i have an oem 5th gen spoiler

Also forgot to mention... satin black (not flat)...

djmerkone

Reaction score
Re: DIY Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap! *UPDATED 1/18/11*

bump for update

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Re: DIY Paint Job/Repaint on the Cheap! *UPDATED 1/18/11*

surprised really, but will it last? hmmmm this is the queston, il stick with 600 bucks in materials and shoot mine in a garage, with my fancy guns and aircompressor, lol

Back