DIY Throttle Body Bypass

intel0116

Reaction score
it is a cheep and easy mod, as long as you dont run in to issues like i had lol

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
:thumbup:I just did this mod yesterday. Night and day difference in throttle. Nothing to brag about, but it seems to have been worth while.

put the pipe down.

P.S. My set up is on my 99 av6 coupe. Cold air intake is also thermal wrapped, and pulls from an aluminum boxed, heat shielded frilter. Passing through an OBX TBI spacer.

let me guess, you felt gains with the throttle body spacer too? :rolleyes:

hondatech03

Reaction score
...The correct line size is 5/16", or .3125". I discovered this when the trying to use the suggested 1/4" barb hose connector. Wich jiggled loosely in both lines...

I ran into the same problem. Im going to lowes to get the right connector tomorrow. Thanks Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

let me guess, you felt gains with the throttle body spacer too? :rolleyes:

Well all I can state is my opinion, much like every one else. With out a dyno of before and after mods, thats all any of us really have to go by. That would be the hard evidence to settle all claims. There supposed to be a dyno at I.A. in July @ Tenn. I let you know for sure after that.:thumbsup:

McLovinCG3

Reaction score
Of I may add......

I did this mod to my cg when I first got her...

Instead of buying the plus for the coolant bungs on the tb you can just remove the plate completely.... The coolant only goes in and out and has no other passage....

Just a little fyi..... Great write up btw

intel0116

Reaction score
idk, when i did this mod i suffered from severe issues, with in 48 hours of doing it my car would shut off at idle every time,turned out that my TB got cloged up with all kinds of gunk and had to be removed and cleaned in acid wash, was not a fun time for me. but i do hear alot of people on here saying that the 01-02 av6 is very sensitive, so maby thats why idk......

Chorilored

Reaction score
was this an f23a1? I checked mine out today and it looks a lil different. the coolant line that faces towards you is there, but the one that goes straight down is not. there is just one that goes towards the rear of the block.:wtf1:

Back