Do work son

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I can see how they quoted you so much now.. that's a lot of work.

how so?

the bumpers i was gonna do the prep work my self. remove and install my self since thats nothing. other than that its pretty much the quarter panel

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
That side swipe area could tack on a lot depending on how much work needs to be done to straighten it all out.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
The cracks in the bumper have to be ground out, filled, sanded, primed etc.. 1/4 panel is going to be a *****, they'll use weld on rivets for the slide hammer etc. pop em out.. filler complete door has to be prepped & repainted, along with blending into the front door, rear 1/4 & part of the roof pillar depending off off the new paint shade is compared to the OEM (weathering, fading etc..) Body shops operate anywhere from $40 an hour to $100+ an hour, plus materials.. it adds up fast.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea... it said 55 an hour with 24.6 hours prep 18.5 hours of paint. Thats 2300.50 in labor alone....

the sideswipe is not bent in or anythhing its pretty much like a side rash... i was gonna do it by just filling it to take it to them but looks like its gonna be more than anticipated

Nismode

Reaction score
Subscribed, I might be doing the same this summer as well. I'm in NYC, so lemme know where you find. My last repaint (08) was ****.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
front and rear bumper both alone for a good paint job should run u at max 6-8bils. we talking bout the higher end of the chain already

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea thats what i was thinking... i might just hit up the maaco that i went to before to get my car touched up.

dtraill27

Reaction score
what about getting new bumpers? might be cheaper if they have spider cracks. when i was backed into my rear bumper had spider cracking all through it the body shop said it would be better to get a new bumper instead of the labor required on prepping the damaged bumper. was on the other persons insurance so i didnt care though haha

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
My car is in the shop right now getting the front bumper and grill repaired. Then they're respraying the front bumper, grill and front spoiler to the tune of $1,225.97 est. So I can see where they're getting that number. It's a bit of work.

What about everything I circled in red?

4495278018_2b7d13ab9d_b.jpg

Back