Dome light does't shut off

CG6

Reaction score
I have LED's for my Interior lights and my dome light doesn't turn off. witch makes my alarm not activate. i try removing the dome light and unplugging it and nothing. i check each door jam switch and they all seem to be working fine.has this happened to any of your guys? i need help fixing this issue.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
There's copper tabs behind the dome light .. try taking it down and making sure nothing's grounded or anything. Pretty much, make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. One of the nuts might be grounding it and keeping the light on.

CG6

Reaction score
There's copper tabs behind the dome light .. try taking it down and making sure nothing's grounded or anything. Pretty much, make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. One of the nuts might be grounding it and keeping the light on.

ok cool i will try this after work... this is driving me nuts already. i will post it up if it works but for the time being please keep them coming guys...

Bax

Reaction score
I'm hoping there's no need for me to ask this but.... you made sure the switch wasn't in the "on" position right? lol

CG6

Reaction score
Lmao yea I made sure. When its on automatic the light is on and when its to on the light gets a little brighter. I took the bolts of and let the light hanging (one of the bolts is constent 12 volts for the on position) and no luck the light remains on. The plug that goes to the light one isnegative and the other is basically for the "door ajar"

Bax

Reaction score
With all of the doors closed, disconnect the constant 12v wire for the "On" position. If the light stays on, then (again, with ALL DOORS SHUT) get a multimeter and check the wire that runs from the doors. It shouldn't have any current going through it if the doors are shut.

That's all i can think of for now.. sorry.

Back