Dome light does't shut off

Macsrule15

Reaction score
it could be a bad pin switch in one of the rear doors or the switch in the fronts

on your dash does it show all the doors are closed? i know a stupid question but.. cant be too carefull haha

i had a pin switch go out on my old mustang and the lights allways stayed on..

cl206

Reaction score
I don't know if they are called the pin switch as someone mentioned but every door jamb should have a rubber thingy with a pin inside that the doors push into when they close. Maybe one of them is broken or misaligned for some reason. An obvious way to test this is to get 4 people and use their fingers to push in all four pins (which are covered with like rubber boots.) if your dome lights go out, one of them is it

The only other solution I can think off is that maybe there was a short somewhere that fused a connection.

good luck!

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
ifith yourith dome lightith does't turnith off hahah.. missed an N in the thread title.. ummmm try what they said but. i've had the same issue with my odometer wedge bulb since i've swapped it with an LED bulb.. so let me know what you find out.

Macsrule15

Reaction score
the rears have a pin switch covered in rubber and the fronts have some sort of magnetic switch in the latch or door stop rod if i am not mistaken

Asuna

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Here's my thread: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44630

I used the Service Manual's electrical schematics to trace my issue. (see post #9 in link)
My issue seems similar to yours. I checked the wire that goes into the passengers's side fuse box and it was always on. This told me it was the Passenger Multiplex Control Unit that was bad.

To replace this module, I had to remove the passenger side fuse panel to gain access to the PMCU. Once it was removed, it was a little bit of a pain to get it out of the fuse panel. (just pry the blue PMCU out and hope nothing breaks)

As a side note, none of my remotes worked after doing this swap, and had to be reprogrammed to the car.

mydailyruteen

Reaction score
when I had my alarm installed i already had led in my dome so at night i noticed it was on but just a tiny bit when on the door position so i took it to the shop and they wired something i think a diode:ugh: to it and it stopped..If the alarm gets its power from the dome light that might be the issue since i believe leds can operate at lower voltages or something like that dont take my word for it but i had a similiar issue to you but you had your alarm first and i had my led first..hope this helps =]

CG6

Reaction score
Asuna, by replacing the multiplex module your issue was resolved?

Back