Double DIN tv

Ocho

Reaction score
what im going with...gonna be a lil bit of course lol but im getting a mini-comp in my 6thgen and its gonna be running windows to be able to tune hondata. its gonna be like a 900 but if it has wifi, nav dvd and all the works...im going to be =). store.mp3.com is where im getting it from with forums for troubleshooting and intalls. lil bit expensive but way worth it, especially since they email me after i contacted them, really helpful!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Two questions:

1) What does partially detachable faceplate security mean? Only part of it comes off?
2) Does this unit interface with your steering wheel control buttons? Or would you have to buy another module to enable that?

The adjustable color for the button lighting is a must have. The ECO function or whatever that is, is not. lol

Mikey

Reaction score
Good questions, Christopher. Lol.

1. Partially detachable means the buttons come off, as one whoe piece. Thus, rendering the unit unusable. The button piece is coded to that specific radio as well, so even if the unit were stolen, another set of buttons couldnt be used in place. You'd need THOSE set of buttons for THAT radio.

2. Yes. It requires an accessory that is sold seperately. Sonic has them for $55 but one can probably be found elsewhere for cheaper.

I agree in the buttons. 32,768 colors are enough for me. :D Not sure what "Eco function" you speak of though...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
1. Partially detachable means the buttons come off, as one whoe piece. Thus, rendering the unit unusable. The button piece is coded to that specific radio as well, so even if the unit were stolen, another set of buttons couldnt be used in place. You'd need THOSE set of buttons for THAT radio.

2. Yes. It requires an accessory that is sold seperately. Sonic has them for $55 but one can probably be found elsewhere for cheaper.

I agree in the buttons. 32,768 colors are enough for me. :D Not sure what "Eco function" you speak of though...

Gotcha. So the buttons are gone, and the screen is the only thing left there. I’d still be afraid someone might break in thinking the face is hidden under the seat. Then when they realize it’s not in the car, they’ve already broken in so they may still steal the unit (even though they don’t know it requires a coded face to work). Then again people who know what they’re doing may back off when they see a unit with no buttons on it. I dunno, maybe I’m being irrational but I think I want a completely detachable face or a fake face to put over it.

It would be nice if the steering control function was built in, I like using those. But I know you said that wasn't a big deal for you. I guess I just hate having something in the car that once had a function, and now doesn't and just sits there. lol

As for the Eco thing...

damn hippies! said:
Monitor your vehicle's gas consumption and impact on the environment using the ECO driving function.
ECO Graph gives drivers a visual representation of their vehicles environmental impact.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
No, Raul, it does not. :(

Chris, if a thief breaks into a car, with the hopes of stealing ****, and they see they cant use the radio, they may be malicious and punch/kick/damage it anyway. So, detachable face or not, they can still "take it away from you".

I rely on tint there. If they cant see or are unsure, then it's less likely to happen. Maybe not. I could be wrong.

As for the steering wheel controls...meh. It has a seperate deal that gets wired in. Theres already gonna be a bunch of wiring going on, Id get it anyway. And I kinda like the idea of that ECO thing. I hate doing the math every time I fill up. Plus, if I can see MPG on the fly, Id be more apt to slow down and stay out of VTEC. :lawl:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Check out the Sony XNV-770BT on Crutchfield.com. it's 600 but its price last year was like 1100. Its got just about everything you could ask for. Except a 6 disk changer.

Mikey

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading to the AVIC-X930BT soon
Have you gotten one yet? If so, how do you like it?

Check out the Sony XNV-770BT on Crutchfield.com. it's 600 but its price last year was like 1100. Its got just about everything you could ask for. Except a 6 disk changer.
Checked it out. Meh. It has nice features but I think, ultimately, Im still gonna go with the AVIC-X930BT.

Bumping this back to tax money. Not sure yet how much I'll get back, but if it doesnt cover the entire setup, it'll cover a good chunk of it.

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
as far as security goes..... iso mount it.... and if you interested i can see what it would cost at my work if we have any in stock i dont really remember what we have...... im waiting on alpines new stuff....... android phone compatible :)

Back