Down but never out

KnightRyder

Reaction score
wetsanded and prepped carbon fiber parts:

6 light coats of diluted paint. 8 ounces of clear mixed with 1 ounce of paint. then 2 heavy layers of clear ontop of it all.

Last edited:

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks amazing. Cant wait to see everything when its put back together. I loved your car when I saw it in person back in 2012 and cant wait to see it again with all the new stuff.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
This is looking sick, I thought i was amazed before but your whole process for painting the cf just makes me more anxious of seeing the entire car finished.:mf_pcwhack:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Teaser of what the wetsanded and buffed paint will look like. he started some wetsanding and buffing around the winshield area before the new winshield was installed.

the painted CF and the body of the car still have a distinct color difference so from afar, the CF parts will still look different (darker) than the body and when you get close enough you see the CF underneath.

body of the car is getting wetsanded and buffed this week, CF stuff will be end of next week. and in between the reassembly will start to happen too.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
not really paint related but i figured i post anyways... switched to the 01-02 cluster and the KEPT my original odometer, super easy.

98-00 cluster:

swapped the board from my original cluster into the new one and bam, new look same info.

also added a new bezel, real CF and then i transfered over my chrome rings from the original setup.

LeoY

Reaction score
New here. Went through a couple of your threads... you do some incredible stuff. And just like everyone else, can't wait to see how it turns out. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Back