easiest way to get around 450 hp?

Ty92x

Reaction score
Level10 transmissions can modify our autotrans to make them withstand your power goals but still with the money spent doing that you could do a manual swap and be better off

Ty92x

Reaction score
Also I feel like anything over 300hp fwd you're gonna have torque steer issues so at that point it's not just about the money you're putting into getting over 300hp it's also about the money being put into minimizing torque steer that would add up too

el gallo

Reaction score
thanks for the info i will be looking it up in the future.

but for what i have now i got the dreaded p0740 code i have done everything else to fix it and the last time i was down there i noticed that the axles where they enter the tranny have slack and wiggle just a little. so its time to replace. i figure the 5speed would be a nice way to go, and can take advantage of any power gaining in the future. but for now its my kid/grocery getter.

Ty92x

Reaction score
Well also to do a autotrans rebuild is around $2,500 plus or minus depending on where you go and you could do a manual swap for less than that so pretty much screw autotrans manual transmissions are where it's at

Reaction score
i think a lot can be done for a 7k budget. My swap from an auto f23 to a 5spd h23a cost me a grand total of $1400. I dare say that if i was looking to boost it, i could make it happen for the remainder of $5600. high mileage h22's are super cheap and if planning to go turbo that would be the way to go. Mileage doesnt matter on a motor that is getting sleeved and built. just make sure to save a good chunk of the money for a good lsd and tuning.

The nessesity for stretching your budget is your ability to do the work yourself. Without that, 7k isnt going to make it very far.

Back