ebay intake

Jefe02

Reaction score
glad to hear your pleased with it, I'm gonna try and get around to ordering it tomorrow

Nice just make sure you browse through all the ebay listings because sometimes they have the same items for different prices and you want to make sure you get the cheapest.

Jevik

Reaction score
I was cheap and bought a 2.5"-3" coupler, a 30*elbow and a filter. Sounds aggressive. had to run a much shorter intake because of mods the previous owner did that i had to undo because his battery relocating cobjob.. which left the battery closer to the strut tower, too close to throw a filter in, or run a pipe.

JetLife

Reaction score
you should go cai and heat wrap:
sounds great looks BA:

here's mine:
http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/charlesfox28/?action=view&current=GEDC0189.jpg
looks good, ehhh I'm just gonna stick with an SRI.
Nice just make sure you browse through all the ebay listings because sometimes they have the same items for different prices and you want to make sure you get the cheapest.
oh yeah dude i know, the prices flex a lot! that one i found total with shippings going to be 31. which I'm fine with spending.
I was cheap and bought a 2.5"-3" coupler, a 30*elbow and a filter. Sounds aggressive. had to run a much shorter intake because of mods the previous owner did that i had to undo because his battery relocating cobjob.. which left the battery closer to the strut tower, too close to throw a filter in, or run a pipe.
hmmm interesting as long as it sounds good right :jae:

slowrider87

Reaction score
you should go cai and heat wrap:
sounds great looks BA:

here's mine:
http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/charlesfox28/?action=view&current=GEDC0189.jpg

Heat wrap on a cold air intake? Irony at it's best.

However, I understand that you're probably shielding the intake from the heat of the engine to keep the intake air as "cold" as possible. That's a good thought. But, the minimal-to-no temperature difference that heat wrap would make to cool the intake air from the intake point to the combustion chamber, won't be enough to make any HP gains. at least not that i can imagine (open to Dyno sheets that prove otherwise). a CAI already makes little to no physical power difference on our cars anyways. So call me a skeptical asshole if you want, but i feel like that's a waste of money and looks kind of tacky.

JetLife

Reaction score
installed & loving it! highly for it:love:
amv4gw.jpg

1999EX

Reaction score
Hey I just got this same intake and installed this morning... Sounds good and fit pretty well! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info!

1999EX

Reaction score
Good to hear brotha! did you have a slit prob hooking up the hoses?

Yea I had a heck of a time with one of the hoses. Had to buy a clamp because it was hitting the intake since on the stock one it fit directly in. So that hose has been having a hard time staying on but should be good now.

Back