engine bay cleaning wrong

todd_cards

Reaction score
hello guys, i made a stupid mistake, im at the car wash, cleaning my engine bay, staying away from the electric but apprently i didnt pay to close attention from them and i guess hit the wrong one....

after awhile of cleaning and finishing, i go to leave the car wash right before leaving my CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON (turn it off and restart it to see if that will take it away), take off and my car stalls, pull over, l let it sit for awhile and take off again towards the car wash so im safe, and it stalls again, finally in the bay of the car wash, i let it sit for about 15 minutes running, take off to go home not to far from the car wash and i make it... put some gas in it to i guess kind of wash it out of there, but the engine lights on, what could of possible happen besides my stupidity, but please let me know what could have happened?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
what exactly does "cleaning my engine bay, staying away from the electric" mean?

because I'm facepalming thinking of what I'm thinking, but I'll give this a chance..

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You can't just do that man :lawl:

I don't know what went wrong exactly, but I know that was a bad look.

todd_cards

Reaction score
I mean that you didn't say exactly what you did...

oh wait...here we go, k so facepalm acknowledged.

and like i said, nothing to the extreme i was just trying to get the oil and nasty stuff so you never just spray it? sorry i dont go to the extreme i dont have a super nice bay so no reason to but ok?

001Stunna

Reaction score
If you sprayed the fuse box, alternator, distributor etc, or sprayed it down with high pressure not just a slow/waterfall-like rinse...you need a smack. Most times when you wash your engine bay it's wise to just be safe and cover things(air intake inlet, fusebox, distirbutor, alternator, battery terminals...) and later on just clean them with a damp rag/brush. I'd also not wash a full hot engine and wait till it cools a bit unless you're using hot water too.

As for what could've happened...well your check engine light is on right? why don't you go get it read/checked/scanned rather then us taking wild guesses. Most likely a misfire i'd guess or a sensor shorted due to water joining terminals together etc or who knows...

Back