engine sputter/stuttering rough

madaccord

Reaction score
The engine feels like it is hicupping/stuttering/sputtering.
This only happens when I'm about to come to a complete stop, at a stop and about to accelerate.

I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, valve job, egr fix.

Another mechanic said that it might be my cat and o2 sensors that were messed up

Another one said that it's prob the distributor

Any help will be appreciated before I dump more money into fixing the problem.

NGP_UA5

Reaction score
The engine feels like it is hicupping/stuttering/sputtering.
This only happens when I'm about to come to a complete stop, at a stop and about to accelerate.

I have replaced the spark plugs, wires, valve job, egr fix.

Another mechanic said that it might be my cat and o2 sensors that were messed up

Another one said that it's prob the distributor

Any help will be appreciated before I dump more money into fixing the problem.

Try cleaning/Replacing your idle air control. It is kinda hard to get to though.

jwong512

Reaction score
Do you hear any rattling noise? If not, then it might not be your car. Usually if it's your O2 sensor you should be throwing some codes. I would clean out the TB/IM/IACV as they're all pretty much in the same place. If that doesn't work, then I would go about testing the voltage on the O2 sensor to see if it's working properly. If it is your distributor, then I would've expected a CEL to come on already.

madaccord

Reaction score
the CEL is p300-p306, all cyclinders misfiring

Today i changed the cap and rotor, still the same problems.
also i sprayed carb cleaner in the TB and opened the flap. The iacv looked hard to get to, is there two screws facing the floor?

jwong512

Reaction score
If that's the case, then I think you have bigger issues with the motor. I would take it to a mechanic and explain the situation to him and see what you can do from there.

AustinJohnsen

Reaction score
the same thing happend to my v6 and it was the egr port was clogged and it threw a code for egr flow there was a recall from honda its very common..in the middle of fixing the problem it said all cylinder misfire as well.hope this will help

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
the same thing happend to my v6 and it was the egr port was clogged and it threw a code for egr flow there was a recall from honda its very common..in the middle of fixing the problem it said all cylinder misfire as well.hope this will help

He already said in his original post that he did the EGR fix.

AustinJohnsen

Reaction score
He already said in his original post that he did the EGR fix.

the code says EGR but that is not the problem the port inside the intake man gets clogged and that is why that code comes up. my EGR was fine the intake man was full of carbon i guess I was not clear.also u might want to take your time and slow down when u read not once did I say change the egr I said the port, if u have ever worked on one u would no where the port is. The EGR is electronic not vac so there is nothing to clean on that end.Thanx

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
The bolts to take IACV off are facing firewall, not the floor. The bolts facing the floor only hold the coolant inlet/outlet plate to the IACV - don't mess with those. Yeah taking it off while the IM is on the car is a huge pain, but it is possible!

HONDAVACCORD

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out the problem?! I started my car and it was a rough start in the cold and i drove a mile and turned and i hear a clunking,breaking sound i guess and my car was shaking bad.Then pretty much it gets to the point of what was written at the top about the sputtering at stops after i drive a street over.I need a solution!lol

Back