exhaust sizing and compatibility

UTIaccord

Reaction score
Getting ready to start on my accord, tbh I have very little experience with hondas. My biggest project was my 92 f-150. I'm looking for a cat-back system with a tip outlet between 2.5" and 3.5"

I've put in some research and found that tanabe has a tip "tuner medalion" that has a tip outlet of 3.5, but unfortunately tanabe used to have the medalion touring but they dont make the version of it for our cars anymore :(
i would go with megan but they have if i remember correctly a 4-4.5" outlet
and honestly i dont feel like spending the money for a cat back just to cut the muffler off and then buy a new one.

So does anyone know of a company that offers a catback system with a tip outlet of 2.5" to 3.5" for our cars or am I looking at having to get custom work done?

Last edited:

UTIaccord

Reaction score

Yeah i saw his for sale the other day and was seriously considering it only thing is i hate the look of the oblong shaped mufflers stickin out there lol

i honestly would have jumped on that and bought it but thats the "hyper" tip and i was goin for the "racing" tip that tanabe offers, i know that sounds kinda picky but im very perticular bout what goes on my car and how it looks (as im sure we all are lol) i like the canister look i just couldnt bring myself to have the oval muffler on there, which brings me back to the whole cutting the muffler off and buying a new one thing lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Your OEM muffler is ovular...it's either that or circular. And circular usually doesn't end up looking/sounding very good imo.

Comptech made mufflers that have under 4" tips but they are hard to find since they also are not in production anymore. Does Vibrant make a muffler with a smaller tip?

UTIaccord

Reaction score
Do you have a v6 or i4?

Anyway, look into the Magnaflow catback. The canister & tip look nice and not obnoxious.

Below is almightyfargoth's old setup and I believe he ran a Megan header as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43718953@N08/4564170048/in/photostream

i4 and i did but they have a 4" i may end up just running a megan 4" until i get more money and just buy tanabes racing tip to throw on megans catback

and vibrant has catbacks for civic si's but not for accord, or atleast they dont have any on their site

and i would like a new one but if i could find a used one thats in good shape for the right price that i liked i would do that instead, cuz blackestcoupes is used and i dont like the tip and its for 400 when megan has the canister new for 418

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I have the Megan catback. It sounds really nice, very deep and zero raspiness. With megan header and magnaflow cat if that makes a difference. The huge can is the only draw back.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
I have the Megan catback. It sounds really nice, very deep and zero raspiness. With megan header and magnaflow cat if that makes a difference. The huge can is the only draw back.

thats what i dont want is the huge can with the 4.5" outlet lol xD but something tells me im gunna have to settle with it until i decide to spend the money for the tanabe tip to put on it

Back