exhaust sizing and compatibility

White6GAV6

Reaction score
If you aren't happy with any of the premade catbacks available, why don't you make your own catback? There is a wide variety of mufflers, tip, piping, etc. to choose from that will make your setup look and sound how you want it to.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You're not necessarily doomed with a larger muffler as long as you tuck it up under the car. If you don't have a rear lip, however, I probably wouldn't do it though.

I wanted 3" or 3.5" tips when I was looking originally, but ended up with Magnaflow. I compromised on the 4" tips because it didn't have huge mufflers. 4" tips sound bigger than they are, especially since the tip is cut at an angle. These don't look that big imo, or maybe I'm just use to them lol.

DSC02467a.jpg

DSC02488a.jpg

UTIaccord

Reaction score
If you aren't happy with any of the premade catbacks available, why don't you make your own catback? There is a wide variety of mufflers, tip, piping, etc. to choose from that will make your setup look and sound how you want it to.

been thinking of doin that to i just dont have alot of time on my hands, i drive an hour to work at infiniti, work for 4 hours drive 30 minutes to UTI for school for 4 and a half hours then 2 hours home, at that im only getting like 5-6 hours of sleep everynight >.<

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
I went through several muffler before i found one i liked
i got my cat back for ebay like 3 years ago for 115 shipped
and bought a borla 4in oval case for 50

o and ur going to uti?
so they got u 2:henry:

UTIaccord

Reaction score
I went through several muffler before i found one i liked
i got my cat back for ebay like 3 years ago for 115 shipped
and bought a borla 4in oval case for 50

o and ur going to uti?
so they got u 2:henry:

what u mean "so they got u to"?

Last edited:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Now don't take this the wrong way but its a way over priced glamour school
its just a legal scam in my eyes 26g starting price just to finish school and make 8-12 starting
Auto fields are to competitive now a days especially in Houston well experienced people are willing to work for less because of the fact they have a job
don't get me wrong my passion for vehicles is up there
i just can't make enough in tha field to provide for a family or live the way i want to

summary-
Im a uti hater
u-urinary
t-track
i-infection
they really get u by tha balls for a truly painfull experience

UTIaccord

Reaction score
Now don't take this the wrong way but its a way over priced glamour school
its just a legal scam in my eyes 26g starting price just to finish school and make 8-12 starting
Auto fields are to competitive now a days especially in Houston well experienced people are willing to work for less because of the fact they have a job
don't get me wrong my passion for vehicles is up there
i just can't make enough in tha field to provide for a family or live the way i want to

summary-
Im a uti hater
u-urinary
t-track
i-infection
they really get u by tha balls for a truly painfull experience

well iv taken full advantage of it and am still in school making 10 till i graduate and that job is at sewell infiniti through the school, and am about to be working on my certified mercedes credentials through the school (the mercedes MSAT) and have been offered 18 coming out of that program so im completely satisfied with what iv gotten out of it, i respect your opinion on it but this has been my experience with UTI and so far its been totally worth it iv been workin on cars my whole life and have learn alot from it, ur a previous student so you know how in depth they go into alot of the newer systems

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
I disagree on some things but i wish u good luck and hope all works out
Ull be apart of the fortunate one
slim but fortunate

no mo off subject.
ebay pipe and ur choice muffler best route imo

UTIaccord

Reaction score
I disagree on some things but i wish u good luck and hope all works out
Ull be apart of the fortunate one
slim but fortunate

no mo off subject.
ebay pipe and ur choice muffler best route imo

probably what im gunna whined up doing, should i run a resonator or will it be just ungodly loud without one, not trying to set off car alarms or make small children cry lol

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
2.25-3" piping. Keep the cat, two resonators, and a muffler of choice.

Good option if you have the resources or are willing to get it put together.

Back