extended top hats

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
i have searched and looked around i cant seem to find any extended-top hats for 6ga's

since i cant find any made i contacted one of my friends that is a fabricator.
i told him i needed extended-top hats made for my car. he is going to start on the front ones soon since our top hats are inverted.

who on here would be interested in some extended-top hats?

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
If you have lowered your car at all, then you risk bottoming out the suspension which can blow your shocks. You will also be decreasing the shock travel and internal gas pressure of your shocks.

With extended top hat you will increase the travel of your shocks, also you will put less stress on them thus increasing the life of your shocks

nexTOme

Reaction score
extended top hats increase shock travel?
ho's that so?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
have fun with hood clearance. and even still, if you extend them, your still going to have problems with the uca's hitting, probably even more than before. people with full coils that are designed to be height adjustable via the bottom mount, this is really useless for since they already have full shock travel.

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
extended top hats to give your shock approximate 3/4-1'' of more shock travel

255-1.jpg

the long one in the pics is how your suspension would sit at stock height

the short one is how it sits when you lower your car reducing shock travel by placing the piston near the bottom of the shock so when you hit a bump the shock would bottom out and blow the seal ending in a blown shock

now by adding extended top hats you are moving the rod/piston in you shock up ward thus revealing pressure

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
have fun with hood clearance. and even still, if you extend them, your still going to have problems with the uca's hitting, probably even more than before. people with full coils that are designed to be height adjustable via the bottom mount, this is really useless for since they already have full shock travel.

no problem with hood clearance everything is being measured to fit

these will not change your ride height so if your uca's are hitting it will stay the same and on my car they dont hit so i am getting these made so my shock will last longer

these are made to help your shocks last longer

these are also made for people with spring/shock combo not for people with full coil overs

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score

also ground control sell extended top hats for there suspension

i had these on my other car and they were well worth it

in the end these will help your suspension

Back