extended top hats

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
cool i will will post progress pics up as soon as i get some

also if there is any thing that you guys might want or have ideas of please feel free to let me know and i will pass it along to my fabricator

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OR - You could just buy a well matched shock/spring combo and be done with it.

What kind of shocks/springs do you have that make you think you need these?

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
OR - You could just buy a well matched shock/spring combo and be done with it.

What kind of shocks/springs do you have that make you think you need these?

there is no well match spring shock combo for what i want unless i get a full coilover set up

i have tokico blues with skunk2 sleeves

even if i went with a ground control/ koni yellows i would still need these

this is for people that are not balling and can get 800+ suspension and just need to get by with what they have

finch13

Reaction score
Sounds like a load of BS and simply a bandaid for those dumb enough or cheap enough to not buy the correct shock. Even so, how many people here actually sent a piston through the bottom of the shock body?

These will not extend shock life. Where the piston sits within the body does not matter on new(er) shocks. What decreases shock life is corrosion inside the tube outside of the area of travel, then you lower the car and now the piston sits withing the corroded area. Travel distance is determined solely by the spring rate and valving, not where the piston sits. What decreases shock life is corrosion inside the tube outside of the area of travel, then you lower the car and now the piston sits withing the corroded area. Poorly valved shocks or shocks not designed to control the given spring rate will wear out faster than others.

Can you give us any solid evidence that this is worth buying? Why would you still need them for a GC/Koni setup? If they're so amazing, why isn't everybody and their mother using it? To be honest, sounds like you fell for a marketing gimmick similar to that of cold air intakes and throttle body spacers.

And, last, but not least. $800 is not a "ballin" suspension setup. That's pretty much a basic price for a decent setup (aka doing things right). I paid much more than that and I'm poor as hell. Smart saving and purchasing can make most expensive mods fairly affordable.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
sounds like a waste of money to me. If our cars needed extended top hats someone would have made them already. just my $0.02

juicebox00

Reaction score
^these would only really be needed for people with coilover sleeves. when you jack up the car slightly the spring/shock doesn't really droop much but once you jack it up high enough to put on jack stands on it the sleeves droop down about an inch or so and you need to be careful to make sure that everything is properly aligned when dropping it back down. this would eliminate that problem for me at least.

Back