Extreme tire wear (only 7000 miles) (added pics)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Extreme tire wear (only 7000 miles)

on the door sill on my sedan it says 30psi, but thats for stock tires, haha, so idk what you should do. id probably just put in whatever it says on the sidewall of your tire. thats what i used to do with my old wheels.

finch13

Reaction score

Naughty naughty. Max pressures =/= cold inflation pressures.

turbo_911

Reaction score

I don't like my sidewall to look droopy on the bottom, so I usually run high tire pressures. For example, my 225/40/18 Kumho's maxed out at 50psi, so I ran 45psi cold to account for up to 5psi expansion.

Wide, low profile tires usually have a pretty flat tread so I don't think running high pressure will cause the problems it does on normal tires (center wear or cupping).

Ok, I am running 38-40psi so I guess that's normal thanks

Also uploaded pictures to the first post

turbo_911

Reaction score
Ok, I've checked alignment and its good, nothing wrong with that. Could it be over-inflation? But I ran 38psi in all tires, and only one that went bad. Contacted general tires and they told me would only give me 75% off, but can't give me a free tire...

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score

get your alignment checked out, thats the only thing that would cause the tire to wear quickly. unless you do one wheel peels all the time.

my guess would be that the camber isnt bad, but the toe might be out....that is, if the wear is flat across the tire.

Hit the nail on the head

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Ok, I've checked alignment and its good, nothing wrong with that. Could it be over-inflation? But I ran 38psi in all tires, and only one that went bad. Contacted general tires and they told me would only give me 75% off, but can't give me a free tire...

could be from a little over inflation, since the centers look to be a little more worn than the outer edge.....from your pics on the first page. when you jacked it up, did you try wiggling the wheel around at all? if you did, did it wiggle around? haha.

turbo_911

Reaction score
could be from a little over inflation, since the centers look to be a little more worn than the outer edge.....from your pics on the first page. when you jacked it up, did you try wiggling the wheel around at all? if you did, did it wiggle around? haha.

yes lol i wiggled it all around really hard, doesn't wiggle lol men this sounds funny haha ok
so i checked all rubber joints and axle and everything is good. I wonder maybe its because of the S-Tech on stock struts? they are pretty soft

sodaks2k

Reaction score
It would a bit easier to see the tread wear if you used a penny and put Lincoln's head in the tread ("universal" method of showing tread depth).

bovodo

Reaction score
your wheel balance is off, check to make sure the balance is still good on front wheels. i have one tire with really bad wear due to driving around with a slightly bad balance.

rotate back tires to front to confirm.

if you just had an allignment and havent hit curbs or big pot holes. your toe should be fine.

Back