Extreme tire wear (only 7000 miles) (added pics)

turbo_911

Reaction score
It would a bit easier to see the tread wear if you used a penny and put Lincoln's head in the tread ("universal" method of showing tread depth).

pictures are on the first page....

your wheel balance is off, check to make sure the balance is still good on front wheels. i have one tire with really bad wear due to driving around with a slightly bad balance.

rotate back tires to front to confirm.

if you just had an allignment and havent hit curbs or big pot holes. your toe should be fine.

My wheel balance is perfect, steering wheel doesn't vibrate at all(BMW on road balance machine is the best)

I can rotate tires only on one side since they are directional.
Oh and here are the thread sizes
Front Left Front Right
2.5/32 5/32

Rear Left Rear Right
6.5/32 5/32

turbo_911

Reaction score
lol, weird thing original price is $127 and they are giving me 75% off which will be like 30 for a tire, but I don't have money :(

sodaks2k

Reaction score
pictures are on the first page....

Yeah I know, that's why I said to use a penny. You could've at least put Washington's head in the same position each time so we could see the "measurement" better.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Yeah I know, that's why I said to use a penny. You could've at least put Washington's head in the same position each time so we could see the "measurement" better.

i just looked at the words "united states of america" and you can pretty much see the difference in depth between the two pics. its minimal, but theres a slight difference. the center tread (2nd pic) is definitely more worn than the outer tread (1st pic).

tho, im not saying youre wrong either, just trying to help out with whats given.

turbo_911

Reaction score

Oh I see what you mean... sorry I read it too fast and thought different lol

i just looked at the words "united states of america" and you can pretty much see the difference in depth between the two pics. its minimal, but theres a slight difference. the center tread (2nd pic) is definitely more worn than the outer tread (1st pic).

tho, im not saying youre wrong either, just trying to help out with whats given.

Thanks for help :)

sodaks2k

Reaction score
im not saying youre wrong either, just trying to help out with whats given.

Oh I see what you mean... sorry I read it too fast and thought different

Well, I'm just picking nits. :)

At least they are giving you a 75% credit. When I shopped for tires, the generals were around $90. But you're are 18's whereas mine were 15's, so disregard. :tumbleweed:

Back