F&F Help

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
you're supposed to disconnect the bottom of the struts. turn the red piece to go higher or lower. the top collars are to adjust the spring compression...which you shouldn't mess with.

Momentum

Reaction score
The bottom red?
Does it take brute force or something cause I tried to turn it and it wont move.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Well, I guarantee you what you were doing is moving them up or down. The threads are so fine, it takes a LOT of turning.

So there's two ways you can do it:

1. Twist the paired collars (like you quickly demonstrated) to the left to lower the threaded body down into the red base of the coilover.

2. Remove the very bottom of the coilover from the knuckle (so its completely free) and spin the entire red base of the coilover up the threaded body.

Both ways take a little time and patience :thumbsup:

And make sure you tighten the bottom collar to the red base once you're done!

Momentum

Reaction score
Well, I guarantee you what you were doing is moving them up or down. The threads are so fine, it takes a LOT of turning.

So there's two ways you can do it:

1. Twist the paired collars (like you quickly demonstrated) to the left to lower the threaded body down into the red base of the coilover.

2. Remove the very bottom of the coilover from the knuckle (so its completely free) and spin the entire red base of the coilover up the threaded body.

Both ways take a little time and patience :thumbsup:

And make sure you tighten the bottom collar to the red base once you're done!

I have twisted that thing like non stop, you sure I'm not missing something?

Thanks to everyone btw

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure. If both of the paired collars are turning together, then that means the whole threaded body is moving with it. And since it's threaded, it can't stay at the same height, it's gotta go somewhere, lol.

Some say it's not great for the valving. You could try to unbolt the base and try method two. You'll be able to twist it WAY quicker once you finally get it free of the knuckle.

turbo_911

Reaction score
It seems like you didn't unbolt the bottom of the shock where it connects to wheel fork (i'm assuming that's the front) then it suppose to rotate freely.

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
^^ You don't have to by doing method #1. Not the "proper" way to do it tho, haha.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
it seems like the rear to me. but yea it doesn't seem like he took the shock out yet. it's like trying to steer the rear wheels...:ughrun:

when people say it's adjustable it doesn't mean you turn it a couple revolutions and it's lower. there's a tiny bit more work as stated above.

Back