F&F Help

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Ken specifically told me on the phone in his words to raise or lower the car using method 1.

NASOHC

Reaction score
:ugh2:

Looks like you pulled them completely out from lower red housing... hopefully, you haven't ruined threads. Anyways, you need to turn the opposite way so it threads the gold threaded section INTO the red lower case so the car lowers. Right now, by turning left "as on video" you're raising car.

If I were you, I'd pull them out and ensure you thread that gold shock section back into case before you try turning while on car.

:coffee:

NASOHC

Reaction score
Well, I guarantee you what you were doing is moving them up or down. The threads are so fine, it takes a LOT of turning.

So there's two ways you can do it:

1. Twist the paired collars (like you quickly demonstrated) to the left to lower the threaded body down into the red base of the coilover.

2. Remove the very bottom of the coilover from the knuckle (so its completely free) and spin the entire red base of the coilover up the threaded body.

Both ways take a little time and patience :thumbsup:

And make sure you tighten the bottom collar to the red base once you're done!

Method One is correct and the best.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This will be helpful for future use.

Thanks for the tips guys. I was hoping Ken would chime in on this one as well.

Good stuff.

NASOHC

Reaction score
wait is that for type 1? lol

type 2 you have to take out the bolt in the rear in order to turn it....

NOTE: Both Type One and Type Two's are setup the same exact way (coupe or sedan too)... no difference. No need to remove lower red case to adjust height (front or back) - unless, you pull the whole threaded gold section as it appears, is what happened in this case.

Momentum

Reaction score
:ugh2:

Looks like you pulled them completely out from lower red housing... hopefully, you haven't ruined threads. Anyways, you need to turn the opposite way so it threads the gold threaded section INTO the red lower case so the car lowers. Right now, by turning left "as on video" you're raising car.

If I were you, I'd pull them out and ensure you thread that gold shock section back into case before you try turning while on car.

:coffee:

Don't really know what your talking about but everything seems fine. I got it to work and test drove it all night last night. everything seems good.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Thank you :lolrun:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
NASOHC said:
Method One is correct and the best.

I've been trying to explain this to forum members, but they seem to not understand how to do it. It's so much easier this way. Especially for the rears.

turbo_911

Reaction score
NOTE: Both Type One and Type Two's are setup the same exact way (coupe or sedan too)... no difference. No need to remove lower red case to adjust height (front or back) - unless, you pull the whole threaded gold section as it appears, is what happened in this case.

That's not what I meant.... You have to take out bolt in the rear on the bottom on the shock where it attaches to the car, in order to be able to spin the red part up or down to adjust height...

Back