f23 build

iHazSnail

Reaction score
1000CC? You should've been fine with 770's.
Awesome numbers regardless. I am hoping to be there soon myself. How much traction issues do u havf?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
yeah, thanks guys, probably would've been okay with 770's but there was a used set of 1000's so i bought those. ha. some torque steer but not too bad, some crappy tires so not as good as it could be.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
YAY! something else is going wrong, man gotta love this car, the water pump or fans are going out.... so that's an easy fix.....

The clutch pressure plate isn't holding up to all this torque so it slips every once in a while, so I ordered the ACT 2600 pressure plate (I have the 2100) and another street organic race disc for my car.

And since i have the transmission out, and traction issues, i decided to up and order a Quaife LSD for my car, haha whoops !

So we'll see how well this car grips after all this.....

98accordlx

Reaction score
you gonna wait to get the car straight and burn up the old tires having fun b4 you get new ones?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I'm gonna get all this figured out, and burn the s*** outta these tires for fun, and hopefully upgrade to some nicer tires for the spring! I have a feeling it will be a bit fun :)

pattywak

Reaction score
Wow bro, major props on this build.
One day I hope to boost as well, as for now it's just research research research. Gotta do it right to do it right.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Hey thanks, pattywak, its true you gotta do it right, otherwise too much of a headache haha....

yeah i think i researched everything for at least a year for the turbo kits alone... that way i know what i am talking about when i go to a shop or work on my car!

Good luck with your research and project though!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm almost positive it is a common practice to use the k20 pistons in the f23 block as an upgrade, but don't quote me on that though!!!

Back