F23 NA BUILD 200whp or bust.......

1320performance

Reaction score
Making equal or greater power from a SOHC 2.3L than a swapped Twin Cam 2.2L = Priceless! 3 reasons why:

1. No swap & additional parts required
2. Single Cam!
3. Bragging rights.

My 2 cents. Sure it takes $$$ but oh, well - someone has to try it.

well said.
love your accord. so fresh so clean! :thumbsup:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Making equal or greater power from a SOHC 2.3L than a swapped Twin Cam 2.2L = Priceless! 3 reasons why:

1. No swap & additional parts required
2. Single Cam!
3. Bragging rights.

My 2 cents. Sure it takes $$$ but oh, well - someone has to try it.

x2, i wish i had a manual and 200hp out of my f23, might happen someday

michaelp4283

Reaction score
comparing a built f23 against a stock h22 swapped accord is well :huh: ... in the end whatever you do to a f23, the same done to a h22 will result in h22>f23

That may be true, but maybe not. The H22 simply has a lot more "done" to it from the factory. Higher compression and way more aggressive cam(s). I'm pretty sure this F23 will result in greater low and midrange torque. Here's a question, whats the most whp an H22 has put out under 8K rpm?

NASOHC

Reaction score
well said.
love your accord. so fresh so clean! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff

That may be true, but maybe not. The H22 simply has a lot more "done" to it from the factory. Higher compression and way more aggressive cam(s). I'm pretty sure this F23 will result in greater low and midrange torque. Here's a question, whats the most whp an H22 has put out under 8K rpm?

Let's just show em' - ;)

michaelp4283

Reaction score
Right on! Actually, here's maybe a better question.... How much power would an H22 make if it had equal lift/duration and compression as the F23? Its not the F23's fault it was tuned for economy, that doesn't mean it won't respond well to serious mods.

michaelp4283

Reaction score
Some progress made. CNC'd 3/8" aluminum adapter plate between H23 manifold and the F23 head has been made. I'll pick it up this week and take some pics.

Back