F23a1 FI OBD2??

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Edit on my last one. Not his friends, his employees.

He said they get the sensors off line but it was some shop in Rockville that did the computer part under the counter. He said if I build a car I can talk to them and they'll tell me where to go and what to do.

Pak SungHoon

Reaction score
Yea I would really like to know what to do. I want to get this car a little more power, but also pass emissions. If a H22 swap would work I would rather do that.

Snoobly

Reaction score
FMU (piggyback) also. not as reliable as switching to OBD1, but it'll get the job done.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, it IS possible to turbo with OBD2 setup and still pass emissions.. You just have to know what you're doing, and use a standalone EMS such as the AEM.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
No.. It replaces the whole ECU so that you can adjust any and ALL variables you want and tailor them to your need. Essentially, if you know what emissions looks for technically, you can tune your car to pass emissions at idle. :coffee:

That's why it's a standalone, it replaces the ECU. Basically unlocks the ECU and allows you to adjust everything while still staying OBD2. AEM EMS=WIN.

AEM F/I C is the piggyback version of this, which emulates the existing OBD2 ECU which is locked and which we cannot tune on.. hence 'piggybacking' it with the FIC.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Ah I see. Is that why the AEM EMS is so expensive? Haha I would imagine you would need a good tuner that knows what is needed to pass.

Back