Filipino Roll-Call!

pattywak

Reaction score
Im half here, located in Santa Rosa, California but the majority of my family is in San Jose. Most people just assume i am Mexican. I guess it doesnt help that i am fluent in Spanish, and that over half the population here is Hispanic.

Whenever I'm with a couple of my Flip friends walking around the mall or whatver people automatically assume we're Mexican... :fail:

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
dats funny...cuz wen im walkin with mah mexican friends in a mexican grocery store...the first person they come up to is me....and they ask me somethin in spanish? Im like : "hola...donde esta mi pantalones?"

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
IM Laotion mixed with Thai...but i speak Cambodian...but everyone thinks im either Flip or Vietnamese....go fawken figure.....:boink:

when i go to other cities where there are no cambodians and the people never heard of cambodians, they always think we're flips even wen there is barely any flips out here in Mass... its very common out in the suberbs of Mass for white people to confuse us cambodians for either flips, mexicans or sometime even black lol...plus Mass is the 2nd state to have the biggest cambodian communites and white people from the sub towns still never even heard of cambodia...

and

why do u speak cambodian?? did your parents live in cambodia??

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
during the khmer rouge era....my family was in cambodia....it was either u speak cambodian or be killed....family had to pick up the language to survive...after coming to the states they just got used to speakin it so we grew up speakin cambodian instead of laotion.....

iROYAL

Reaction score
ramiele2.jpg

too bad she got kicked off American Idol..

kleankord

Reaction score
checking in. filipino down in texas, often mistaken for vietnamese due to the overwhelming amount of viets down here.

Back