Finally, Auto to Manual

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
Sup,

Well guys I got my Accord back. Transmission is gone, that was the reason I got rid of it in the first place. I have finally broke down and decided to do the 5 speed swap. Tomorrow I am going to pick up the first peace of the swap. Witch would be a F22 motor and transmission. For 150 bucks I can't really pass it up and the motor runs. The only downfall to it is that I won't be getting the rest of the swap parts. Also I have a few Questions for you guys who did the swap.

How long did it take for you to do the swap if you did it your self?

Should I get a manual gauge cluster, and if I got the manual cluster is there any modifications I would have to do it to get it to work correctly?

How would I get the clutch interlock switch to work?

What about the speed sensor and the wiring on it? No one really went into detail on the connector.

What do I do with the other sensors and wires that were on the harness for the automatic, do I get a manual engine harness?

I think that is it for now. I will start posting pictures up as soon as I pick up the motor, get batteries for my camera and it stops raining.

Oh and if possible, could someone who has done the swap PM me a parts list and approximate cost. I know there is one on the site somewhere, but I have looked and cant seem to find it.

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
Oh Yeah I forgot one thing, this is parts list I came up with.

5 speed transmission
5 speed cv axles
5 speed starter
master cylinder
slave cylinder
hydro clutch lines
clutch pedal assembly
manual brake pedal
shifter assembly
fly wheel
clutch kit
manual ECU

Parts I am not sure of.
speed sensor plug (but if I got the engine harness I wouldn't need this. Correct?)
back-up light switch
clutch interlock switch
manual engine harness
manual gauge cluster

Last edited:

champaned_out

Reaction score
im almost at the crossroads of doing the auto to 5spd swap myself.... ive done a few hours of searching and found a **** ton of links... maybe you'll find some answers that your looking for... all these links are related to the 6th tranny swap, hope this helps

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12846&highlight=Transmission
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15701&highlight=5spd+part&page=5
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15758&highlight=5spd+part
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427&highlight=5spd+part
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1237137

champaned_out

Reaction score
i havent pieced together the parts quite yet, but yeah im gona need alot of luck... im stilling looking for a shop and a quote to get this down before i start my hunt for parts

i maybe asking you for some help and guidance soon haha

CHID0

Reaction score
How long did it take for you to do the swap if you did it your self?
It took me a weekend. I did the parts swap on Saturday and did the wiring and cleaning up and misc.

Should I get a manual gauge cluster, and if I got the manual cluster is there any modifications I would have to do it to get it to work correctly?
The auto cluster should work after the VSS is wired properly, I got the manual cluster cause i didn't want any remnants of the auto.

How would I get the clutch interlock switch to work?
Not sure mine is bypassed, I'd pick up a Haynes for that one and follow the wiring diagrams and make sure you have all the parts.

What about the speed sensor and the wiring on it? No one really went into detail on the connector.
I followed Turbowa's guide from H-T and by some miracle it worked. I think Badger did in depth research on the why and how, to get a better understanding. I just followed directions blindly. I'll be getting a full M/T engine and dash harness with multiplexors.

What do I do with the other sensors and wires that were on the harness for the automatic, do I get a manual engine harness?
Cut and utilized some of the wiring and the plug

Good luck, you won't be disappointed. It was a hell of an experience doing it myself and a boat load of fun (wiring was a bit stressful though)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
NOTE: You only need the drivers side axle for your swap. And there arent any problems with you change your guauge clusters. They plug right in. You just need to record your mileage on the original cluster before you take it off. I took a picture of mine.

My car should be done today. I think everyone on here is doing the swap. We did have a problem with the speedo but I dont know how they are fixing it.

Forget about searching for parts. Thats for the shop to do. I didnt lift one finger for my swap and I got it done for 1,525$

71k mile tranny with warranty
new clutch kit and flywheel
main seal
everything else came used with 71k on it

Ill post some pix as soon as I get my car back

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
Well today hasn't went quite as planned... I woke up late and didn't even get to deposit my pay check in the bank. Then I went to the salvage yard to look around to see if I could find any 96-00 preludes or accords for donor parts. But everything they had up there was a mangled mess of metal and and almost all of them were missing the interior parts. So I didn't even fool with going to pick up the F22. Basically I am going to chill out till next weekend. Oh and a few more questions should I just get new hydro lines, master cylinder, slave cylinder, and starter?

Back