Finished my lip today (56k)

JDM Accord 510

Reaction score
Looks very good indeed!! Was it hard painting it?

I remember when I did my Poly lip, the paint just did not stick to the lip when sprayed normally. It just kept sliding off and making bubbles Lol. Maybe I just didn't do the prep sand down that good.

But yea, it looks flawless without a doubt.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Your car is sooo clean! Take notes kids.
haha thanks dude
Looks very good indeed!! Was it hard painting it?

I remember when I did my Poly lip, the paint just did not stick to the lip when sprayed normally. It just kept sliding off and making bubbles Lol. Maybe I just didn't do the prep sand down that good.

But yea, it looks flawless without a doubt.
It actually wasn't too bad, this is the second one I painted so I got it all done in one afternoon the day after priming it.

I think the trick is to wetsand it so it cleans off everything even in the microscopic pores of the lip so that when you put down the primer it leaves a perfectly flat place to spray on and stick to. It might also be that you were using a way of applying the paint that was too forceful or put down too much paint at once. The spray gun I used was really soft like a fine mist so it took more coats, but it came out evenly that way I think.

Cpyro

Reaction score
Im curious about the Pre-Val sprayers i think u called them, seems interesting for other projects like repainting bumpers at home lol :p

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Im curious about the Pre-Val sprayers i think u called them, seems interesting for other projects like repainting bumpers at home lol :p

It looks like this:
prevalsprayer.jpg

You just pour in your paint and you're good to go, but there's a little breather tab on one of the bottom sides of the can that you have to watch out for because if you tilt it too much some of the paint will spill out from the hole. I think it needs it to maintain pressure or something.

If you're going to paint an entire bumper you'll probably want something a little bigger to spray with, like these things are handheld. You'd need like five of these to finish a bumper probably.

Looks incredible! Your car is beautiful! Props!
Thanks man! :D

pattywak

Reaction score
Thanks dude.

That was a cracked abs one, this one is polyurethane.

I have like two in my basement right now actually... :lawl:

Ohh okay, I understand now. Any problems with painting PU stuff? I've heard that since PU is more flexible it's harder to paint/paint likes to flake off? Not sure. Looks good though.

Back