FNCONE's Honda Accord 2001 V6 Sedan

FNCONE

Reaction score
Sick ride, bro! You've turned it into what the top trim Accord should have been! (Accord Type-S?)

I'm curious about your powerfold mirrors. Where/what car did yo get them from? Was it an easy install? I park in a tight lot, and I would love to fold my mirrors at the touch of a button!

Not a bad install. I USED DC5 mirros, and switched out the bases. (Small modding to screw it in) and wired it up.

I was looking for power folding mirrors, I tried the euro-r ones but didn't want to much modding. The euro R are smaller and look sportier but the angle was way off. (Right hand drive). So me being as anal and OCD as I'am I kept looking. I took my brothers old CD5 mirrors tried swapping motors,.... no go. Then I made a list of all cars on ebay with PFM (honda) and started to compare. The ****ing DC5 integra aka rsx mirror housing is the sameee! Just the base changes.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Wiring is easy to me :p A goes to B, one line-anywhere-...Making all the vents work...ahh that **** is crazy!

Lol that's True. The TL has an extra mode than the Accord. Wiring not bad just time consuming, due to different pin outs from Accord to TL

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I blacking out my interior currently and was wondering if you did anything about the seatbelts? Do you know if TL seat belts would work?

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes they will they are like a really dark gray but work well with black

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So since you have the TL dash, that Civic nav DD is just sitting around collecting dust...amiright?

Btw which model is your Acura rear view mirror out of? I have a 01-03 TL rear view mirror but it's not a direct swap because the rotation ball is at opposite sides between it and the Accord mirror. I intend to see if I can swap the back part of the mirrors or something because I don't want to have add another mounting plate next to the stock one.

I'd like to have the compass too. For awhile I was looking for aftermarket mirrors that had both the compass and outside temp reading...still kinda want that. You have outside temp working through your cluster though I think.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
So since you have the TL dash, that Civic nav DD is just sitting around collecting dust...amiright?

Btw which model is your Acura rear view mirror out of? I have a 01-03 TL rear view mirror but it's not a direct swap because the rotation ball is at opposite sides between it and the Accord mirror. I intend to see if I can swap the back part of the mirrors or something because I don't want to have add another mounting plate next to the stock one.

I'd like to have the compass too. For awhile I was looking for aftermarket mirrors that had both the compass and outside temp reading...still kinda want that. You have outside temp working through your cluster though I think.

Id guess 04-08 because I noticed the auto dimming in an 05 tl type s I drove and it looks just like the one he has

Aman

Reaction score
3rd-gen Type-Ss were not sold until 2007. Do you mean an 07-08 Type-S?

FNCONE

Reaction score

The civic Navi is collecting dust lol. My TL does not have the oem Navi.I will be using the civic Navi with the TL dash.

I had the same issue with the TL mirror. If i remember i just rotated the base? Its a ball and the clip aligned? I used my old subaru mirror with the compass. Direct swap, power ground and a connection to reverse. Is all that is needed. Just power and ground technically. The compass is automatic. (There is a way to set it if it's off but 98% of the time it's good)
Just don't take power from the map lights because those are on all the time.
Yes sir my outside temp is on the TL cluster.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score

Chris is iirc just rotate the mirror or base (it's a ball it can go 360 and should clip on.) I used the subaru one for the. Ompass. But I'm pretty sure I clipped the TL one on I'll check for you.

3rd-gen Type-Ss were not sold until 2007. Do you mean an 07-08 Type-S?

This Is true any year before was called "sport" in the 3rd Gen TL

Must be. Idk enough about this gen. She told me her car was an 05 type s so I trusted her but obviously she was wrong :lawl:

I used a subaru forester mirror not sure what year.

Back