FNCONE's Honda Accord 2001 V6 Sedan

FNCONE

Reaction score
Any kinda special modification to fit the TL dash and what year TL

The Dash is pretty simple. (Depending on your definiton of "modification "). Basically bolt on. You just need everything in the picture. (It looks like a lot but its not. The dash has most of the parts on it, like the vents etc, etc) The pain in the *** is the wiring. Especially if going from manual to auto ac. It was a ***** wiring auto to auto, due to an extra setting in AC functions. You can also get the center heater unit ( the center piece that sends the air out to different areas) this will make the extra function easier, it will make the tl vent fit perfect, and will give you rear vents on the center console.

picture.php

picture.php

I don't think the year matters. Any year TL dash should bolt on with any 6th gen.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
year does matter but you can make it work with basically any dash, its the wiring that's tricky.
from my research when i did my swap, if you have a 1998-1999(maybe 2000 accords, i forget when they switch the wiring) the 1999 tl dash wiring should be the most plug and play if you get basically everything behind the dash, airbag, and the cluster. if you have an 01-02 accord, get the wiring/behind the dash stuff/cluster/airbag from an 01-03 tl.

but the structure of the dash and dash pad is the same throughout all years of the 2g tl, so you could mix and match(harness from beige 1999 tl with a black dash from an 03)

FNCONE

Reaction score
year does matter but you can make it work with basically any dash, its the wiring that's tricky.

That's what I meant the dash itself doesn't matter what year, but the wiring is another story.

Amazing build man!
Thank you so much, I can't wait to tidy up the last things. (Summer I work insane hours)

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Sick ride, bro! You've turned it into what the top trim Accord should have been! (Accord Type-S?)

I'm curious about your powerfold mirrors. Where/what car did yo get them from? Was it an easy install? I park in a tight lot, and I would love to fold my mirrors at the touch of a button!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Wiring is easy to me :p A goes to B, one line-anywhere-...Making all the vents work...ahh that **** is crazy!

Back