Freedom's F20B Sedan: Updated 2/29/2012 Bisimoto Head build

Freedom_Honda's

Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured I would create a build thread.

The story behind this car.... I work at a Honda Junk yard where we buy a lot of wrecks and rebuild them to sell. Myself and the boss bought this car from the auction for a super cheap price and it was disclosed that it had mechanical issues.

The car showes up about a week later and OMG I have never seen a car with more oil in the coolant system than in the actual engine lol. I have seen it but not as bad as this car. Upon more investigation, I pulled the head and cylinder 2 had a massive crack in the sleeve and the headgasket was blown.

Anyways, enough with the crappy story, I decided to F20B it since I have put 3 f20b's in cd5's and a bb6 lude. Not to mention that truthfully, I love the f20b lol. I like to be different.

The engine bolted straight to the p2a8 tranny ( which all of you tech guys and gals know that any f/h tranny will go to any f/h engine with the exception of the f20c and f22c)

I retained AC and power steering by just using my f23a1 brackets. You have to slightly modify the PS bracket to fit the f20b head but it works.

Also the obd2 JDM engines do not have the CKP or TDC sensors on the oil pump nor are they punched for them. I used the f20b dizzy and created a harness to keep the accord obd2. ( i know that it is running off the stock ecu. It was just to make sure the engine was going to run.) Below will be a pic of the harness I made. It goes from the 8 pin dizzy plug, to the 4 pin plug on our 6th gen engine harness to the plug on the engine harness where the ckp and tdc sensors would plug in. It just completes the circuit without actually having those sensors on the oil pump housing.

Anyways, I hope that this may help anyone trying to do the f20b swap in the 6th gen.

I also kept the obd2 plenum on the f20b with the 3wire ICV. Idles perfect.

My car is far from "done". I will be doing the 5lug swap, coilovers, and eventually boosting the f20b. I have a full black leather interior out of a wreck at the shop that I will be swapping into it.

Here are pictures of the car as of this morning.

100_0395-1.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0399.jpg

My p28 came in today along with my conversion harness. Wahoo!!! lol Im going to burn a base map on it and convert it to obd1 tomorrow.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Re: Freedom's F20B Sedan

Nice!!!! Hope to see your other builds as well.

Edit: also since your working at a Honda junkyard you should build up a reputation here and start selling parts people are looking for that you guys might have. Just a thought.

Freedom_Honda's

Reaction score

Very good thought my friend! I want to be a sponsor and donate something to the site that way I would be able to sell our parts we have to everyone on here. Any ideas on who i would contact to do so?

lol @ CG6>yourcar :)

Im not here just to sell btw. :) So dont get the wrong idea people haha but I def dont mind in helping everyone get parts.

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Nice work on the swap.
I cant wait to hear whats in your inventory :naughty:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

ive got 2 6th gens so i wld def be hittn u up on parts

and how hard was the swap

Back