Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My car is 01 accrd v6-ex and I'm a newb at car audio, I'm planning to replace my stock front 6.5s and rear 6x9 with pioneers. I wanted to know if I had to purchase speaker wiring harness for the new speakers because I do not want to splice the wires? Since I heard from my friend that it was just plug n play and he didn't need any splicing or wiring harness. Any info is much appreciated. thanks.

PIONEER TS-A1682R 6.5" 280W 4WAY

PIONEER TS-A6962R 6x9 3-WAY 250W

i have the same setup except foe the 6x9's. u can get them off crutch field . i just spliced my speakers in called it day, no need to spend more money

here is my setup

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12892

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My car is 01 accrd v6-ex and I'm a newb at car audio, I'm planning to replace my stock front 6.5s and rear 6x9 with pioneers. I wanted to know if I had to purchase speaker wiring harness for the new speakers because I do not want to splice the wires? Since I heard from my friend that it was just plug n play and he didn't need any splicing or wiring harness. Any info is much appreciated. thanks.

PIONEER TS-A1682R 6.5" 280W 4WAY

PIONEER TS-A6962R 6x9 3-WAY 250W

the first post (the diy) shows how easy it is to avoid spending money on a wiring harness. but you can if you want to

atarikid07

Reaction score
What's the point of removing the fuse? Can't you just disconnect the battery to accomplish the same thing? I guess it's more work resetting the clock and radio.

Where is the fuse box?

kn0x47

Reaction score
What's the point of removing the fuse? Can't you just disconnect the battery to accomplish the same thing? I guess it's more work resetting the clock and radio.

Where is the fuse box?

disconnecting the battery will reset the car's computer so the car will run rough for a few mins when you turn it on again. but you dont have to remove the fuse to replace a speaker. just turn the stereo off.

you have a fuse box under the hood and 2 more on the sides of the dash

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah

you might also be able to unclip the stock connectors...but i just ran separate wire to the amp so im not sure...

Devil-V

Reaction score
great post. i put alpine type r 6.5's in and they were too deep. they were a full inch taller than the stock speaker. me and my friend put them in used some 3/4 inch ply wood to make a spacer and we figured out how to use the stock mounting points of the stock speaker.

Did you have to remove the speaker grill on the door panel to allow room for this? I just bought a set of Alpine 6.5 Type-R components, and then saw this post ...

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Started doing my speakers do with MTX 6.75" components up from and MTX 6x9's in the back. Personally I would avoid all of the lower class Pioneer products cheapest being the G series stuff you see at walmart, and then the A series and I would only consider the D and Premier series.

TO OP:
Your speakers are only 35W RMS and 180W, decent if the only thing you have running then is a headunit hopefully not the stock one. A aftermarket headunit on stock speakers would sound much better, especially when the RMS of the headunit and speakers becomes matched.

rook

Reaction score
so i'm responding to a bit of an older post, but what the heck right? This seems to be the best resource I can find for what I plan on doing.

My 2002 accord coupe has a good stereo - stock 6 disk changer, speakers always sound good, but I figured after seeing these...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB651/Polk-Audio-db651.html?tp=95&tab=review

for 35 bucks shipped, I would buy first and ask questions later.

I'm thinking they might be a bit too deep... which actually wouldn't bother me much - i live in oklahoma and we are getting slammed by some frigged weather here and my one car garage isn't big enough to take apart the door so i'd just resell them on CL's or something.

Any tips for these suckers? I won't be installing any amp for them, but i'm sure that would be ideal. Hopefully the stock stereo will suffice.

Back