Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i dont have any experience with them, but i can tell you that (if crutchfield is correct), they will drop right in. 1 11/16" is the exact measurement that will fit inside the stock "weather basket."

if you dont want to cut the stock wire connectors, there are connectors that plug into the stock ones if you want to go that way. you may be able to unclip the wires from the plugs, but i never tried. look for "honda speaker adapters" or something like that...made by metra i believe.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I installed them for two of my friends and we used the bracket that came with them to mount it.

oh and crutchfield have stock adapter for honda cars too. its somewhere in there, i found it after we cut the stock wires lol.

Last edited:

rook

Reaction score
just got them - two day shipping!! nice!!

So on the back of the box, it says the dimensions from underneath the "mount" or whatever you'd like to call it to the bottom of the speaker is 2"....

i'm guessing i'm going to have to get creative.... and it looks like the "tweeter" part on top of the dome sticks up about a half inch... should I even bother with these?

rook

Reaction score
I installed them for two of my friends and we used the bracket that came with them to mount it.

oh and crutchfield have stock adapter for honda cars too. its somewhere in there, i found it after we cut the stock wires lol.

cool! I didn't see your post - so I shouldn't have any problems as long as the bracket is used eh?

were either two of your installs done on the stock 6 disk changer?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you cant use the accessory grilles, obviously, but there is quite a bit of room behind the door panel.

my current speakers have a 2 3/4" mounting depth, mounted to a 3/4" baffle, with the tweeter in the center of the mid, and the mid has more excursion than the stock speakers.

if you need that extra 1/16" there should be a metal mounting ring to go between the speaker and the weather basket. actually, you'll probably need to use that anyway.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
cool! I didn't see your post - so I shouldn't have any problems as long as the bracket is used eh?

were either two of your installs done on the stock 6 disk changer?

Yup the mounting bracket goes between the speakers and the door. Nope, none of my installs were stock 6 disk changers.

rook

Reaction score
you cant use the accessory grilles, obviously, but there is quite a bit of room behind the door panel.

my current speakers have a 2 3/4" mounting depth, mounted to a 3/4" baffle, with the tweeter in the center of the mid, and the mid has more excursion than the stock speakers.

if you need that extra 1/16" there should be a metal mounting ring to go between the speaker and the weather basket. actually, you'll probably need to use that anyway.

So I won't need to cut the grills of the speaker covers for the tweeter to stick out and have clearance? I'm trying to go with a "stock" look, so it sounds like I have a couple of road bumps but nothing major. Just use the baffle and I should be good?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
So I won't need to cut the grills of the speaker covers for the tweeter to stick out and have clearance? I'm trying to go with a "stock" look, so it sounds like I have a couple of road bumps but nothing major. Just use the baffle and I should be good?
if they have a mounting depth of only 2", you have nothing to worry about.

if they're like my old set of infinity's...the metal ring will mount to the rear of the speaker with 4 screws, flush, then that will get mounted to the stock baffle with the 3 gold screws that hold the stock speaker to the baffle. very typical install method.

my next set of mids will have a 3" mounting depth, and i'm going to fit them behind the door panels without mods to it.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score

they fit perfectly so no cutting.

matt_glesn

Reaction score
man i need to cahnge out my front speakers, they are old and blown thanks for tutorial

Back