Front license plate option

HondAccord02

Reaction score
Texas requires a front license plate as well, which i dont have on. I once got pulled over for speeding and had my front plate mounted on the inside passenger side of the windshield with suction cups, didnt get a ticket for it but the laws said to put it on the frony bumper. Since then i just roll without it and havent gotten any more bs over it.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
MN requires a plate. Ran without one for a while, got pulled over to much, so moved it off to the side. It's actually quite easy to do and cheap too. Here's a shi**y photo example:
IMAG0290_zpsf14fcc49.jpg

Just go to HomeDepot or any hardware store and get a light gauge steel angle (1"x1" min). Cut it down to the size you need. Drill two holes in the bumper from underneath the bumper and use washers, bolts, and nuts to attach the steel/aluminum angle to your bumper.

Drill two holes (spaced appropriately for you license plate) on the front face of the angle. Use washers, bolts, nuts to attach plate.

Done. Shouldn't cost you more than $8-10 (if you already have a drill).

Just my $.02

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I have a tilt bracket on mine. I think it looks ok. :lawl: not really much else to do with it that looks cool. I got the bracket for 12 dorra at autozone.

gt58

Reaction score
that was a no front plate and horn violation combined. 280ish for both with the proof (ticket stamped off for the front plate)

Last edited:

gt58

Reaction score
I'd lose my ****. That's absurd. What's the horn violation for?

ughhhh dumb ticket but here we go.....

so i was coming back home from the car audio shop because my buddy was lookin around and getting some ideas for his car. on the way home there is this curved road, nothing too sketchy but definitely something fun to take at 60 mph. so im doing 60 in the 45 and i come around the turn and theres a car parked in the bike lane. thank god i have that sway bar, i cranked my wheel harder and avoided the dumb ***. i honked my horn because he shouldnt be in the bike lane. lo and behold it was an undercover cop....... so the dude flips his lights on. i was going a good 55 at this time and i probably could have dipped from him but i was like **** it because my gf just gave me a machete because were flying out to hawaii today [ :) ] and i was pretty sure if he saw me fleeing, he would search my car. 90% sure its a misdemeanor for having a machete in your car so i stopped. the dude said i was speeding but couldnt write me up for that because i was questioning him capturing my speed on radar. got away with the speeding ticket but got the horn ticket, and right before the dude decides to finish the ticket, he does the once around on my car. jack *** dude was like " WOAH BUDDY, LOOKS LIKE WE DONT HAVE A FRONT PLATE ON".

fv cop McLean can suck a d

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That.....suuuuuuuucks. Sort of hypocritical that you were pissed at a guy sitting in the bike lane, while you were exceeding the speed limit by 15 mph though if you think about it. Although it's pretty funny that you honked at a cop haha.

I have to question whether a cop can legitamately sit in a bike lane (which is illegal) and clock people. I tend to think situations like that are BS. And in that vein I still don't get what the horn ticket is for. In my view (aside from you speeding) it was fair to honk at someone parked in a bike lane because that's not safe. Just because it happens to be a cop, I think it's BS that he can give you a ticket for honking at him.

Btw what does the machete have to do with going to Hawaii, you realize you can't take it there with you, right?

Last edited:
Back