full coilover questions

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
im looking to buy and upgrade for my stock suspension in my 02 coupe SE. i dont want to drop it too low, just something that will tuck a nice set of 18"s. if i purchase a set of fully adjustable coilovers, would i be able to return the car to STOCK height for the winter? if so, what would be a good brand/model to go with? ive already searched through the Suspension Review thread, however im a complete n00b when it comes to suspension so any help would be greatly appreciated. :canada:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to raise it to stock or near-stock height. Your budget will determine what coilovers are ideal for you, so figure out your budget & get back to us.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
odds are you will not be able to go back to stock height for winter. i dont think any coilovers go as high as stock height, especially these days. though, you can raise it decently high. high enough for winter, if youre really that scared of it. im pretty low, and raising the car for winter never crossed my mind.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
my budget is kind of tight, but I am willing to be flexible to make sure i get something good quality, so i don't have problems further down the road :thumbup:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
my budget is kind of tight, but I am willing to be flexible to make sure i get something good quality, so i don't have problems further down the road :thumbup:

I don't see a price range within that statement. What's the maximum amount you're willing to spend on coilovers?

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
max would be about $1000 CND...minus any installation fees if this isn't something i can tackle in my driveway with a jack stand, spring compressor, and a good set of wrenches? :p

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you could definitely diy it, if youre even somewhat mechanically inclined. its nothing hard. though ive always used air tools, it makes everything much eaiser....so if you have any friends with them, see if you can do it at their house. theres nothing crazy involved with doing the suspension on these cars, its really easy to learn how to do.

heres a suspension diy...

http://www.filtsai.com/accord/suspension/index.php

Deshon2688

Reaction score
max would be about $1000 CND...minus any installation fees if this isn't something i can tackle in my driveway with a jack stand, spring compressor, and a good set of wrenches? :p

You won't need a spring compressor with full coils, and for that as your max price i'd say go with Function and Form. Those are the only coils I've ever had so I can't compare them to any other brand, but I love em. I did the install myself in my garage, so as long as you got the tools thats all u need.

Back