Full DIY 01-03 JDM civic fog lights install

drey

Reaction score
the relay isn't in that pic. it's the square black thing that probably came in the same bag as the fog switch. It connects to "H"

I have a relay on mine that came with my civic fogs.
Anyways, I managed to hook mine up similar to yours however I didn't need to connect those two wires together. I'm still a bit puzzled but glad it works now.
I went crazy with the wiring when I did it last year, and connected it to an oem switch with an oem wire connector.

juicebox00

Reaction score
I have a relay on mine that came with my civic fogs.
Anyways, I managed to hook mine up similar to yours however I didn't need to connect those two wires together. I'm still a bit puzzled but glad it works now.
I went crazy with the wiring when I did it last year, and connected it to an oem switch with an oem wire connector.

okay, as long as it works right it's all good...lol

drey

Reaction score
ya for sure. thanks for your DIY
The only thing I notice now which I didn't have before is that when my fogs aren't really turned on the fog switch light indicator tells me it's on. Is this the same for you?
Before this, everything worked accordingly... if fogs were off, indicator light is off even though the switch is pressed in.

juicebox00

Reaction score
ya for sure. thanks for your DIY
The only thing I notice now which I didn't have before is that when my fogs aren't really turned on the fog switch light indicator tells me it's on. Is this the same for you?
Before this, everything worked accordingly... if fogs were off, indicator light is off even though the switch is pressed in.

my switch doesn't hav that problem. i heard of a few people though having that problem with the oem switches. I think you have the power to the 2 lights in the switch mixed up. So the white pic of the for is lighting up instead when you hit the switch

98-EX-Leather

Reaction score
hello everyone... im a newbie.. i been an accord owner of previous generations... but i just recently picked up a 98 ex 4 dr with leather... i am so happy cause i love this body style...i purchased the civix fogs and will be doing installation next week... this guide has helped me understand all of it so i can get it done... the fogs will be here on Tues. and ill start the installation on wed.. i will post pics and keep everyone updated.

angel jr.

juicebox00

Reaction score
hello everyone... im a newbie.. i been an accord owner of previous generations... but i just recently picked up a 98 ex 4 dr with leather... i am so happy cause i love this body style...i purchased the civix fogs and will be doing installation next week... this guide has helped me understand all of it so i can get it done... the fogs will be here on Tues. and ill start the installation on wed.. i will post pics and keep everyone updated.

angel jr.

can't wait to see them installed. :thumbs up:

olivesomra

Reaction score
Soooo it hasn't been more than a month that i've had the fogs and now...

one of the lenses cracked....already....

Is there anyway to purchase just the lense of the foglights??

98-EX-Leather

Reaction score
def not.... ur gonna have to buy the whole assembly...

also quick ? for everyone that has the civiv fogs....what bulb type is it? i searched and searched...no luck... plus mines are coming in on tues.. and i want to place an order for an HID kit for it..

thanks,

angel jr.

Back