Full DIY 01-03 JDM civic fog lights install

olivesomra

Reaction score
LOL you couldn't of just said it on this thread? damnit....=((

it didn't come with anything that looks like clips. just screws and bolts.

Nismode

Reaction score
Same here...I just used a way to secure the fogs to the top part of the bumper. Nikita, could you PM me as well? Like as early tomorrow as possible? lol I have my bumper off still.

smoky

Reaction score
hmmmm i wonder if mine came out like that? ohh well to late now :p

C_S_L

Reaction score
LOL you couldn't of just said it on this thread? damnit....=((

it didn't come with anything that looks like clips. just screws and bolts.

Oops!! :ownedrun: well maybe theres a way to fix that problem. I dont have any suggestion right now but hopefully RussianRed does.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
For those still seeking guidance in mounting, here is your key. Brought from the original 01-03 Civic thread, which was way too long for it's own good. I rummaged through there today to bring some info to this, shorter thread.

This is how the fogs are mounted on both sides - notice the brackets screwed into the side and bottom to hold it all together:

img2107aa1.jpg

img2111bz2.jpg

For spacing issues along the bottom edge of the fog light, you need to have accurately drilled the fog light holes, which would provide tension on the bottom edge of the bumper pulling it up while the light is secured. If holes are haphazard, or light is loose, and if your bumper naturally has a gaping bottom opening, you will have a gap there. So basically your lights need to be tight and have 'tension' on them.

As I understand, the issue at hand is a gap underneath the foglight, correct? Or is the problem a gap between outer edge of fog light and bumper?

As for preventing a gap on outer edge of foglight and bumper, this may help:

I'm using the natural pressure from the light wanting to make the gap and protrude, to push against the screw after it is clipped to the side and fully screwed it, it makes a barrier. So push the light in, screw in the screw, let go of the light, and it puts pressure on itself & the screw in the way prevents the gap. pic is ****ty, but it may help. If you don't have clips to do this, buy them! All needed hardware can be purchased for $3 at your local Ace Hardware.

cliptb8.jpg

There is no set way to do this, so just be creative if my methods don't work. Experiment and have fun!

Please let me know if any clarification is needed in any of this, and feel free to rep if this helps you solve your issue :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bax

olivesomra

Reaction score
For those still seeking guidance in harness wiring here is your key (as long as your harness is the same or similar lol). Brought from the original 01-03 Civic thread, which was way too long for it's own good. I rummaged through there today to bring some info to this, shorter thread.

This is how the fogs are mounted on both sides - notice the brackets screwed into the side and bottom to hold it all together:

img2107aa1.jpg

img2111bz2.jpg

For spacing issues along the bottom edge of the fog light, you need to have accurately drilled the fog light holes, which would provide tension on the bottom edge of the bumper pulling it up while the light is secured. If holes are haphazard, or light is loose, and if your bumper naturally has a gaping bottom opening, you will have a gap there. So basically your lights need to be tight and have 'tension' on them.

As I understand, the issue at hand is a gap underneath the foglight, correct? Or is the problem a gap between outer edge of fog light and bumper?

As for preventing a gap on outer edge of foglight and bumper, this may help:

I'm using the natural pressure from the light wanting to make the gap and protrude, to push against the screw after it is clipped to the side and fully screwed it, it makes a barrier. So push the light in, screw in the screw, let go of the light, and it puts pressure on itself & the screw in the way prevents the gap. pic is ****ty, but it may help. If you don't have clips to do this, buy them! All needed hardware can be purchased for $3 at your local Ace Hardware.

cliptb8.jpg

There is no set way to do this, so just be creative if my methods don't work. Experiment and have fun!

Please let me know if any clarification is needed in any of this, and feel free to rep if this helps you solve your issue :thumbsup:.

rep points for you, just for taking the time to do this...

I was able to close the gap, but right now its just trail and error. I got them on, but it still doens't fit to well...I'm going to keep experimenting.

depending where you are i could come help you.

That would be awesome! I would feel bad if you came to help me. I'm down to drive to where your at. Where do u live? I live in the San Fernando Valley.

olivesomra

Reaction score
Just finished installing the fogs and detailing.

Took pics in honor of RussianRed and juicebox00, I couldn't of done it w/o you guys.:omgbd:

DSC00177Small.jpg

how do i give rep points? hahahaha

juicebox00

Reaction score
Just finished installing the fogs and detailing.

Took pics in honor of RussianRed and juicebox00, I couldn't of done it w/o you guys.:omgbd:

DSC00177Small.jpg

how do i give rep points? hahahaha

they look sick man, and i guess i don't need to help you in person anymore...lol. and you give rep points by clicking on that weight thing in the upper right hand corner of every post

Nismode

Reaction score
My contribution....could use a little fine tuning (aka bottom mount, better aiming, forgot to drill a hole to adjust the lights). My car's filthy btw.

lights3439569.jpg

Back