Full Load

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If you don't build that wall, brace it & port it correctly I beg to differ.

Last edited:

xx24xx

Reaction score
OK fellas - first of all the quality of the sound is going to greatly depend on the install. I really don't think recommending him different brands of equipment is going to help him... ...at all. This amount of power and SPL levels will kill ANY vehicle over time. All the sound dampening will be most effective from the B pillar forward so not too much weight will be added.

Our Accords can take it because it's been done many times. There is a guy on youtube with 16 8's or something recockulous.

First let me answer your question. GC with additional load support will def help. I would highly suggest getting AMR Coilovers. Call them and talk about what you plan on doing. Quality will be a big help for you. Perhaps something like 16/10 would do it. I have F&F Type 2's now with about 300 pounds in the trunk and sound dampening. My rates are 12/6 I think. The ride feels a bit soft when turning hard and I'm CERTAINLY not happy about the quality. I just replaced my 2nd strut...@ $75 plus shipping and it is getting expensive. I also suggest getting a thicker lower rear strut bar. Progressive or Eibach will do. I would very highly recommend you use birch wood to cut down on weight too!

As for the system. I won't bash brands or whatever. I think the number of 1/0 runs you plan on doing is a waste of money. I think 2-3 runs is fine. Even with that HO alt...calculate how much amperage 1 run delivers lol. Just get quality wire. XS seems like a cool battery but I think you should check Batcap 2000's out instead. or even 2 Batcap 4000's would fit in the spare wheel well. They would have a lot more balls for burping and still have good reserve for daily. Plan on replacing the engine bay batt with a drycell as well. As for the speakers you know Accords don't have much room in the doors. I would ditch the 6x9s and get quality 6.5s in the doors. If you really want midbass up front then do some 7s or 8s in kick panels or something. I would also highly recommend time alignment or a RF360.2. Even though they are a bit noisy...you aren't doing sq. Check out AQ comps, DD, Rainbow's lower line or if your really budgeted PowerBass. DD is coming out with shallow 8s if you can wait. I know SMD uses RF Power, but if I was you I would choose differently. 2 sets of comps glassed in the door with 8s in the kick panel and tweets in the a piller would be plenty loud to keep up with 2 18s. :)

Oh and if building a wall, be sure to seal off the trunk.

Last edited:

Phatbass

Reaction score
OK fellas - first of all the quality of the sound is going to greatly depend on the install. I really don't think recommending him different brands of equipment is going to help him... ...at all. This amount of power and SPL levels will kill ANY vehicle over time. All the sound dampening will be most effective from the B pillar forward so not too much weight will be added.

Our Accords can take it because it's been done many times. There is a guy on youtube with 16 8's or something recockulous.

First let me answer your question. GC with additional load support will def help. I would highly suggest getting AMR Coilovers. Call them and talk about what you plan on doing. Quality will be a big help for you. Perhaps something like 16/10 would do it. I have F&F Type 2's now with about 300 pounds in the trunk and sound dampening. My rates are 12/6 I think. The ride feels a bit soft when turning hard and I'm CERTAINLY not happy about the quality. I just replaced my 2nd strut...@ $75 plus shipping and it is getting expensive. I also suggest getting a thicker lower rear strut bar. Progressive or Eibach will do. I would very highly recommend you use birch wood to cut down on weight too!

As for the system. I won't bash brands or whatever. I think the number of 1/0 runs you plan on doing is a waste of money. I think 2-3 runs is fine. Even with that HO alt...calculate how much amperage 1 run delivers lol. Just get quality wire. XS seems like a cool battery but I think you should check Batcap 2000's out instead. or even 2 Batcap 4000's would fit in the spare wheel well. They would have a lot more balls for burping and still have good reserve for daily. Plan on replacing the engine bay batt with a drycell as well. As for the speakers you know Accords don't have much room in the doors. I would ditch the 6x9s and get quality 6.5s in the doors. If you really want midbass up front then do some 7s or 8s in kick panels or something. I would also highly recommend time alignment or a RF360.2. Even though they are a bit noisy...you aren't doing sq. Check out AQ comps, DD, Rainbow's lower line or if your really budgeted PowerBass. DD is coming out with shallow 8s if you can wait. I know SMD uses RF Power, but if I was you I would choose differently. 2 sets of comps glassed in the door with 8s in the kick panel and tweets in the a piller would be plenty loud to keep up with 2 18s. :)

Oh and if building a wall, be sure to seal off the trunk.

Agreed!
Altough he did state all the equipment was purchased already..

So with equipment being outta the way you have to utilize it effectively, This includes designing and porting a box to great specs(factory Fails), maybe get some more mid bass going , and then tuning after everything is installed. BTW 6 Runs is not only ganna be expensive its super overkill :147703263745b138a51

If you're ganna dive headfirst into audio you should check this website out:http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/

Back