Gas: changing your driving?

Ric Rock

Reaction score
i find myself coasting nowadays never really driving agressive cuz gas is a pain in the rear to pay for now.

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
I just bitch more about the price of gas while im cruising around town for no reason. I usually keep it under 3000RPM except when I want to hear the VTEC, which Im not going to lie is quite often. Does the VTEC really open that low on the 4 bangers? I got lucky and did an oil change on a co-workers 98 Accord 5spd, and no matter what I did I coulnt hear the crossover.:thinking:

nexTOme

Reaction score
you can early shift and you will hear exhaust tone changes.....thats about it...LOL

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
I drive as normally as I would if gas was only $1. I try to stay slow, with slow acceleration and such, but its so hard to stay off the gas. My car love it when i punch it every once in a while. I think its because my ECU is used to my spirited driving. If I tried to conserve gas and measure my miles, i still wouldnt be able to get 350 miles to tank to save my life :(

honda_dude

Reaction score
my gas gauge is weird....it moves up and down sometimes...but its a slight change..

happening to anyone else???

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't changed my driving much, normal commute during the week and usually dont drive much on the weekends. I already drove like an old man.

[email protected].

Reaction score
my gas gauge is weird....it moves up and down sometimes...but its a slight change..

happening to anyone else???

Might have something to do w/ the car being on an incline. I've noticed on long hills, because the fuel filter/sensor is at the front of the tank, my fuel gauge changes.

As for driving habits, my mileage doesn't vary that much whether I baby it for the whole tank, or nail it a few times a day. Saving 2 or 3 mpg's on a tankful doesn't translate into huge savings, even at $3.70/gal. I say, "Punch it Martha!" When 80's Camrys came out w/ a V-6, they had a commercial w/ two old ladies. That's where that line came from, and for some reason it crosses my lips when I have to floor it and get some giddyup.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
it really hasn't changed my driving at all.
as a matter of fact gas prices went up just as i had the nitrous installed, so imagine that.
the timing was bad, but either way i don't let it bother me.
i love driving, better that than drugs and alcohol.

Back