Gas: changing your driving?

d1blet

Reaction score
Living in Chicago, I avoid driving as I can just bike/take public transit to school and work.

But weekends on the other hand...

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Its impossible to not drive where I live. The gas prices havent exactly changed my driving habits, in fact, they have stopped me from changing. I was planning on having a Subaru by now, but with gas prices being what they are, that would be suicide.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I've been trying to change my driving style. And i'm getting about 20-30 miles more a tank. It's just so hard in cali to drive right. You just have to drive crazy out here. I was actually talking to my friend about this and we both are pretty sure that people in cali get worse mileage compared to people with the same car somewhere else. You just have to drive stupid when everyone else is.

nexTOme

Reaction score
I've been trying to change my driving style. And i'm getting about 20-30 miles more a tank. It's just so hard in cali to drive right. You just have to drive crazy out here. I was actually talking to my friend about this and we both are pretty sure that people in cali get worse mileage compared to people with the same car somewhere else. You just have to drive stupid when everyone else is.

ahhhhhhh cali and cali's big/wide open roads.....:crazyrun:

SouthStar019

Reaction score
i changed my driving. if i am not in a rush. cruise control set to 2k rpm. about 62 mph. i fill only BP or sheel. seems to get better mpg. at least from what ive noticed. mainly BP. i keep my car empty. almost like when i first got it. and try to stay under 2k rpm. but if i have to ill gun it. but normal driving ill do under 2k. try not to idle as much. turn off at on really really long traffic lights that i know the pattern of. try not to acc going up hill but keeping the rpm the same. keep windows up on highway( every one knows this). dont the brakes as much. dont slow down as much for turns. some people think i am retarted for exiting ramps and making some turns up to 50mph. ( thats my limit on my stock suspension.) ive tried faster but ended up doing a 270 degree spin. knocked my rear camber off. had to get an allignment.)

attempting to go on diet/get back in shape. yea most people find this funny.

now my new idea.
find a way to put some light weight panels on underbody. since there is alot of turbulence. figure if i put panels to flaten it out. it will smooth out the flow making it more aerodynamic. so far my only concern is if it will create lift or not. i drive alot of highway. almost 90% so this should benifit me. someone doing mostly local i dont think this will help. extra weight and rearly going above 45 mph..

nexTOme

Reaction score
i changed my driving. if i am not in a rush. cruise control set to 2k rpm. about 62 mph. i fill only BP or sheel. seems to get better mpg. at least from what ive noticed. mainly BP. i keep my car empty. almost like when i first got it. and try to stay under 2k rpm. but if i have to ill gun it. but normal driving ill do under 2k. try not to idle as much. turn off at on really really long traffic lights that i know the pattern of. try not to acc going up hill but keeping the rpm the same. keep windows up on highway( every one knows this). dont the brakes as much. dont slow down as much for turns. some people think i am retarted for exiting ramps and making some turns up to 50mph. ( thats my limit on my stock suspension.) ive tried faster but ended up doing a 270 degree spin. knocked my rear camber off. had to get an allignment.)

attempting to go on diet/get back in shape. yea most people find this funny.

now my new idea.
find a way to put some light weight panels on underbody. since there is alot of turbulence. figure if i put panels to flaten it out. it will smooth out the flow making it more aerodynamic. so far my only concern is if it will create lift or not. i drive alot of highway. almost 90% so this should benifit me. someone doing mostly local i dont think this will help. extra weight and rearly going above 45 mph..

i think you're over do-ing it.......................a bit...

honda_dude

Reaction score
its been a week and i only used up less than a quarter of the whole tank!!!! woooooohoooooo!!!!

Back