Gauge lights and trunk lever!

vict0rydew

Reaction score
So this weekend I installed my stereo along with subs succesfully!! :) They sound so good and I'm really happy with them, but after this, my gauge lights don't turn on anymore so it's impossible to drive past 6. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would imagine it's pretty simple. Also, since I bought my car the lever to open the trunk that's in the front doesn't work. Does anyone know anything about this either?

vict0rydew

Reaction score
Bump!.. Sorry guys but i just want to make sure no one has any more suggestions! I could really use your help!!

001Stunna

Reaction score
Check your fuses, and replace any burned ones
Did you leave the battery hooked-up when you did stereo/sub? You shouldn't have if you did.
If replacing fuses doesnt solve the problem chances are you might need to replace the whole multiplexor unit.

Engine Bay
engine.gif

engine1.gif

Passanger
passanger.gif

passanger1.gif

Drivers
drivers.gif

drivers1.gif

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Let us know if the fuse is the problem, hopefully that's the issue. As for the trunk lever, just see if you can trace the cable. On one end it's the lever at front, then cable going through to the back of the car, and attached to the trunk locking unit mounted on trunk-lid. Make sure the cable hasn't come off anywhere, maybe with two people check if you can see the cable moving on the opposite end when you pull the lever. If it isn't, you may have a bad cable and need to replace it. It may also be the case that it has become detached either in front off the lever, or in the back off the lock unit. Let us know, hope this helps.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
When my dad had the radio installed the same thing happened. No lights on the cluster, A/C controls, not even on the shift panel (auto) I searched it up and had to bridge two cables on the cluster together and voila! Just no dimmer control.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Bridging the two wires is a ghetto way of bypassing faulty multiplexor symptoms. If that's the case where bridging wires fixes it - it's def the multiplexor.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
^ Bridging the two wires is a ghetto way of bypassing faulty multiplexor symptoms. If that's the case where bridging wires fixes it - it's def the multiplexor.

We did it that way because I nor my father had any monies for a multiplexor. Still, it works like if nothing ever happened.

Back